IP Question.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
yes to both. Your ip can be seen by every website you click on

OP
OP
M

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Thanks,that would explain why my username was blocked even though I was praising the moderator for banning another member.

Q2. I have never had a username on that snitz forum banned while surfing via mobile phone.Is it harder to trace a mobile phone IP?

Thanks for your help.

killiekosmos

Veteran
you could either be blocked via your username, in which case you could not access the forum from any PC or device or they may just block your IP address which means you cannot access the site from that specific PC.

I suspect your mobile gets assigned a fresh IP address for each 'on line' session by your network provider.

thomas

the tank engine
killiekosmos said:
I suspect your mobile gets assigned a fresh IP address for each 'on line' session by your network provider.

Yep, it depends if you have a static or dynamic one. With your home connection, if you unplug the router for a bit and plug it back in you might find that your ISP gives you a new IP so that you can get around them blocking you.

As others have said, every website can access your IP...it's how the internet works :sad:

Bman

Guru
killiekosmos said:

It could also use a proxy, which would make all the network users appear from the same IP.

I think Orange's GPRS works this way.

OP
OP
M

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Thanks for the answers guys.Im thinking of getting an IP masker programme.I had one before that im sure worked.

Im on o2 and have never had a username banned on that so at the moment if I want to use an alternative username I post via mobile.

OP
OP
M

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Multiple usernames TBH.

Not posting anything offensive if that's what you think.

I want to see how good this guy is now and see what I can learn.I have an IP changer program and I have tested it on the interweb.

Im interested in Snitz forums and would like to set one up myself.

Top Bottom