iPhone App

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

heppy

Regular
Hi sorry if this has been posted to death before but as new Apps appear every day I though I would ask.

Can anyone recommend a decent App for my cycling which would where possible give me the usual speed and distance info and possibly some gps guidance along with centralised storage of data?

Thanks in advance, oh and I am willing to pay for the App too.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
garmin do one, map my ride is another, i like the garmin one best.

https://connect.garmin.com/signin?cid=7646168

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I use Endomondo and there is a CC team to join. I am not sure any of the apps navigate like a dedicated navigation device like a garmin though, they tend to record where you are with gps rather than directing you.

I use the iMap my Ride app mainly. I've got the Strava one too but haven't used it as iMap does everything I need.
I also have a Bryton Rider on one bike which is excellent and saves my phone battery as anything that uses GPS is a real battery killer on your phone IME.

doctornige

Cyclemeter

doctornige

Oh, I might add that Cyclemeter has an issue with GPS calibration. If you launch the app and go, it will assume you started at sea level. I live at 700ft, so this makes a mockery of the calorie calculation and produces monumental ascent figures. Best to launch the app, roll the bike outside and leave it while you do your shoes and gloves. This seems to give the app time to set the altitude.

Top Bottom