Is Burns Night..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So I have a haggis. A vegetarian haggis. ( Well duh..you didn't actually think I'd eat a real meaty one, did you?)

These are the ingredients:

Fresh Vegetables in Variable Proportions, (Carrots, Swede, Leeks, Celery), Water, Oatmeal, Vegetable Oil, Barley, Lentils,Reconstituted Dried Vegetables in Variable Proportions (Onions, Sweetcorn, Mushrooms), Red Kidney Beans, Chick Peas and Spices.

And this is the tagline on the back of the packet:

"Haggis is a thoroughly democratic dish equally honoured in Castle, Farm and Croft. The ingredients give a touch of romantic barbarism so dear to the Scottish heart".

Oooh, those naughty Scots, going around being romantically barbaric with their Reconstituted Dried Veg! Wtf? :biggrin::rofl::biggrin:

(ok..so I know they are probably referring to the other haggis - the one with all the hearts and lungs etc, but you'd think they'd change the wording for the veggie one, wouldn't you? ;):laugh:)

W&logo2=BRICHT&logo3=MOONLIGHTERS&tagline1=The+Conservatives.+No+Skean+Dhu+-+no+can+do%21&size=3.jpg

Greedo has a big haggis - reportedly.

And a bad kitty is when a group of Scotsmen go out for a drink taegether. :biggrin:

Greedo

badkitty said:
So I have a haggis. A vegetarian haggis. ( Well duh..you didn't actually think I'd eat a real meaty one, did you?)

These are the ingredients:

Fresh Vegetables in Variable Proportions, (Carrots, Swede, Leeks, Celery), Water, Oatmeal, Vegetable Oil, Barley, Lentils,Reconstituted Dried Vegetables in Variable Proportions (Onions, Sweetcorn, Mushrooms), Red Kidney Beans, Chick Peas and Spices.

And this is the tagline on the back of the packet:

"Haggis is a thoroughly democratic dish equally honoured in Castle, Farm and Croft. The ingredients give a touch of romantic barbarism so dear to the Scottish heart".

Oooh, those naughty Scots, going around being romantically barbaric with their Reconstituted Dried Veg! Wtf? :biggrin::rofl::biggrin:

(ok..so I know they are probably referring to the other haggis - the one with all the hearts and lungs etc, but you'd think they'd change the wording for the veggie one, wouldn't you? ;):laugh:)

They only put all that stuff on the packet so daft English people buy it:biggrin:;)

Greedo

Aperitif said:
W&logo2=BRICHT&logo3=MOONLIGHTERS&tagline1=The+Conservatives.+No+Skean+Dhu+-+no+can+do%21&size=3.jpg

Greedo has a big haggis - reportedly.

And a bad kitty is when a group of Scotsmen go out for a drink taegether. :biggrin:

Play my cards right tonight and I might be getting it deep fried!:biggrin:

Greedo

tyred said:
Yes. Called the Oak Tree (or something very similar)?

Been there many a time. Decent ride out there and back from my house. Worse places to have a bite to eat

Greedo

tyred said:
It seems quite a bit away from Glascow too (but I suppose I went a slightly roundabout route).

You must have as it's only 19.6 miles to that pub from my front door taking the shortest route. Loads of ways you can go though

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Greedo said:
You must have as it's only 19.6 miles to that pub from my front door taking the shortest route. Loads of ways you can go though

True,
in a car

on a bus

to name but two;)

wafflycat

As a kid, as part of the highland dancing school I belonged to, every Burn's Night we'd be doing a display at some Burn's Night supper of the many that would be taking place all over NE England. Great fun. We'd be providing entertainment in the form of highland dance and there'd be a singer or two in the mold of Moira Anderson sound-a-like, and we'd be treated to haggis, neeps & tatties. Delicious stuff.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I had my haggis neeps and tatties last night, as I thought I'd be out tonight, and now I'm not. I have half the haggis left over. I could just do neeps and tatties again, but was thinking of doing something different. Any ideas? I thought maybe do a sort of haggis con carne, or haggis bolognaise. As it's pretty strongly flavoured, I guess I don't want to add any more spice or anything.

Top Bottom