Is it a Bird? Is it a plane?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
No, It's 'Bicycle Repair Man!'

I've just re-indexed my Shimano Gears on my Old commuter (using this video off YouTube,) guess what... It worked!!!

I always though of re-indexing as some sort of wierd magic...

It might be a small thing to some of you seasoned mechanics, but to me, it's huge - I'm well chuffed :thumbsup:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No, It's 'Bicycle Repair Man!'

I've just re-indexed my Shimano Gears on my Old commuter (using this video off YouTube,) guess what... It worked!!!

I always though of re-indexing as some sort of wierd magic...

It might be a small thing to some of you seasoned mechanics, but to me, it's huge - I'm well chuffed :thumbsup:

That is the best video out there as to how to index gears.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Loving the slacks and shirt combo for fixing up bikes, clearly its wearing a boiler suit that's held my indexing skills back before.

edindave

Über Member

Now you know the meaning of the word 'epiphany'.

Although you might have to go look it up now (like I did) ;o)
thumbsup.png

Keith Oates

Janner
I wish all maintenance vidoes were as clear and informative as that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apollo179

Thanks for posting cloggsy - link bookmarked. :thumbsup:
Gears is one think ive steered clear of up to now.

stu1903

Über Member
I stumbled across that vid last week and used it to re-index the gears on my mountain bike.

I watched several vids and read load of articles and can honestly say that this was by far the easiest to follow. Gear always scared me and I never dared touch them but as I was getting the mountain bike back on the go I thought I'd give it a try and found it to be less complicated than I thought.

+1 for new section for informative vids

Top Bottom