Is it possible to eat too much asparagus??!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I love English asparagus, and the growing season is so tantalisingly short that when it comes in, it is dirt cheap in the supermarkets and is so much nicer than that crappy expensive tasteless air-freighted Peruvian stuff that you get at other times of the year. I like the local stuff so much that I will eat it almost every day during the season!

I know it makes one's pee smell pungent and weird, but I wonder if there are any dangers from eating it by the truckload!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
...better than Spanish cucumber!

yello

Hope it's not possible to eat too much, our neighbour brings it over by the bucket load. I'm not personally a big fan of the stuff but I'll eat it.

PK99

Legendary Member
I love English asparagus, and the growing season is so tantalisingly short that when it comes in, it is dirt cheap in the supermarkets and is so much nicer than that crappy expensive tasteless air-freighted Peruvian stuff that you get at other times of the year. I like the local stuff so much that I will eat it almost every day during the season!

I know it makes one's pee smell pungent and weird, but I wonder if there are any dangers from eating it by the truckload!

I suffer from gout and take a pill a day of allopurinol to keep it at bay. Even with that, a few stems of asparagus (as confirmed last week by 5 very slim stems) is enough to trigger a bout of gout because Apasaragus is rich in purines.

Whic is a real bugger as i used to love asparagus!

Valiant

Veteran
Yes when your pee starts stinging lol

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Is it possible to eat too much Asparagus? Englaish Asparagus in the growing season? Cooked to perfection? Eaten with one's fingers? Dipped in real melted butter?.

eeeerm.. NO!

Zoof

I suffer from gout and take a pill a day of allopurinol to keep it at bay. Even with that, a few stems of asparagus (as confirmed last week by 5 very slim stems) is enough to trigger a bout of gout because Apasaragus is rich in purines.

Whic is a real bugger as i used to love asparagus!

We have had the cucumber now the asparagus.

But yes, I’ve had that problem, touring and wenching at the same time fixed it!

PS Good job I’m on the road tomorrow

OP
OP
XmisterIS

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I have today discovered the most gorgeous thing to do with asparagus ... so delicious in fact that I had to restrain myself from beating the whole plate straight up into the air while shouting, "f**k me, this is delicious!"

I digress ...

Make a coating batter using self-raising flour and flavoured with thai fish sauce. Get some fat very hot. Holding each asparagus spear by the cut end, dip it in the coating batter and deep fry until crispy golden, then lay out on paper towel to absorb the excess. Sprinkle with rock salt to taste.

Zoof

I have today discovered the most gorgeous thing to do with asparagus ... so delicious in fact that I had to restrain myself from beating the whole plate straight up into the air while shouting, "f**k me, this is delicious!"

I digress ...

Make a coating batter using self-raising flour and flavoured with thai fish sauce. Get some fat very hot. Holding each asparagus spear by the cut end, dip it in the coating batter and deep fry until crispy golden, then lay out on paper towel to absorb the excess. Sprinkle with rock salt to taste.

A bacon sandwich is 700 calories

What’s coated battered Asparagus?????

Top Bottom