is it that bad…

would you put your pet's bowl in the dishwasher?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
we had the in-laws around for tea, and afterwards my daughter mentioned that the cats' dish was in the dishwasher. the look on their faces was a picture, and although i should have explained about the cleaning process (even though they have their own dw), i think they thought we were mad.

what's the opinion here?

longers

Legendary Member
I wouldn't put a litter tray in there but a dish? No problem.

doodles

Can't see the problem myself, the food they eat is supposed to be fit for human consumption anyway so why not wash the dishes with yours!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Of course it's ok but I had to think about that. I, illogically, probably wouldn't do it myself though.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Can't see the problem. If you don't think the dishwasher can't make it clean and sterile then your own food dishes aren't any better and you should get a better dishwasher.

rich p said:
Of course it's ok but I had to think about that. I, illogically, probably wouldn't do it myself though.

Same here, it doesn't make sense, but I would probably only put it in if it was a whole dishwasher full of just cat dishes...

As I haven't got a dishwasher in the first place, I don't need to think about it!

doodles

Steve Austin said:
is it wrong to run the loo brush through the dishwasher then? :?

Surely you mean wash it in the bath with you,

you can use it to clean your finger nails and scrub you back too:ohmy:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I would, out of choice, put the pet food dishes though a dishwasher any way as it will make it cleaner then a quick rinse and swish round with a used dish cloth.

I wouldn't wash the pet food dishes with the same dish cloth (or washing up bowl of water) as I would use on my own food dishes though.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
punkypossum said:
Same here, it doesn't make sense, but I would probably only put it in if it was a whole dishwasher full of just cat dishes...

As I haven't got a dishwasher in the first place, I don't need to think about it!

But do wash it in the same bowl as the other dishes?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No problem, whem growing up my old dear used to wash the dogs and cats food and water bowls in the same washing up water as the normal washing.

Top Bottom