Is it time to panic buy and stockpile petrol?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Just behind the indicator stalk? (OK, not enough room there)

One time during a panic petrol buy-athon about 13 years ago when i still lived in sheffield, a guy was stopped by the police as he was walking down the street pushing a wheelie bin he had just filled with petrol! I don't know how they disposed of the 'bomb' but they had to evacuate the immediate area in case a random spark caused the lot to go up. I don't understand why there aren't riots going on over petrol prices in this country at the moment. Usually the lorry drivers would be the first to speak out. Maybe everyone is just too jaded with everything being so sh*t

ASC1951

Guru
BTW, it's a criminal offence to store more than 20l of petrol at home (or 10l, if it's in a plastic container).
ohmy.gif

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
...a guy was stopped by the police as he was walking down the street pushing a wheelie bin he had just filled with petrol!

Reminds me of a scene from the Cheech and Chong film where they nicked a rubbish bin full of petrol, they lost most of it as they didn't use a funnel when they poured it into their own car :smile:

medium_cheech_and_chong_gas.jpg

Its too early to panic buy apparently the crisis is over for now and petrol is down to $112 a barrel from $120. Then again I've heard 5 years down the line $150+ maybe it is time :wacko:

To hide it you'd just have to label it cycling oil and the BMW driver wouldn't go near it, after all 'I gave you plenty room' in their own words they never go near bikes :rolleyes:

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
The DM is predictably hyping it up, complete with bad spelling, a few of the highlights:

£100 to fill average family car
Please
to scrap Government's fuel duty increase

Motoring groups issued their starkest warning yet that millions of drivers could be forced off the road as petrol prices rocket to a staggering £8 a gallon.

Driving groups have now made a despite call to the government to scrap the impending fuel duty rise in April that would add 5p to the cost of a litre.

The AA joined the swelling ranks of driving groups urging the government to scrap a rise in fuel duty.A spokesman said: 'The motorist is going to have to brace himself for a storm.

We should just stop selling it to people in the north :whistle:

Why is the the media and only the media still talk of liquid measurement of fuel in gallons when every body else talks about it in litres? Are they that far behind the times that they still think the reading public, who are mostly under forty, even knows what a gallon is?

subaqua

What’s the point
What average family car takes 78 litres, at £1.31 per litre this mornings price.

Mondeo has a 70 litre tank, as does the Galaxy . Ok not exasctly on the 78 litres but close . Both fairly average family cars. ( Galaxy especially if you are a catholic :whistle: )

but i suspect the Daily wail will be using the biggest tank size they can find and the highest price.

do i care?

not one jot . I am weaning myself off cars slowly.

the snail

Guru
Motoring groups issued their starkest warning yet that millions of drivers could be forced off the road as petrol prices rocket to a staggering £8 a gallon.

bring it on! Fuel won't be expensive enough until all the tonka-toy chelsea tractors have been priced off the roads :evil:

Top Bottom