Is it too early for a whisky?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
It's 6:40 and I've got a craving for a wee dram.

It's an atypical yearning. Normally I yearn for pies.

No, I'm not a heavy drinker or even a regular drinker.

Should I give in to my urge?

Ha ha - I have just had a slug of cognac, Vern! Emptying my hip flask for replenishment...of course, I could have left the 'old' stuff inside I suppose...:santa:
Yes is the answer. Research purposes should always stand in the way of behaving appropriately.

Keith Oates

Janner
If you have a craving then resist it and you will feel better all day. On the other hand if you've been up all night and getting ready to go to bed then drink it and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Ha ha - I have just had a slug of cognac, Vern! Emptying my hip flask for replenishment...of course, I could have left the 'old' stuff inside I suppose...:santa:
Yes is the answer. Research purposes should always stand in the way of behaving appropriately.

Funnily enough I've just found my hip flask. I think I'll rinse it out with a malt and not wanting to waste the tainted liquor on the bacteria lurking in the drains, I'll treat my gut flora to it instead.

Thanks for your support and inspiration.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well my pudding had a drink of whiskey very early in the day yesterday ... and my teenage daughter offered to lick the spoon after feeding it. I did ask if she was sure... I wish I'd had the camera ready for the face she pulled.

Naval tradition was that the sun must be "over the Yard Arm"

All you need to do is identify where and adopt that time zone!!

postman

Legendary Member
Ok Vernon what was the whisky you were drinking.I got me self a bottle from Sainsbugs,on offer £20 The Singleton.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Chapter Six

A single malt.

46% vol

Mmmmm.....

Nearly there

Veteran
I have on occasion had a tipple after a tough night shift I do work with some blokes who drink after every shift they do and quite heavily too

postman

Legendary Member
I worked with people who drank during work time and very heavily.It was rampant part of the culture at the time.

Paladin - York

I understand that distillery workers have a wee dram at the end of every shift, for sobriety purposes, - is this true or something for the sassunaichs to take home with them?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Courtesy of a friend from the other side of the border, I am just having a small drop of Hudson Baby Bourbon - lovely small batch stuff from the first distillery producing in New York's Hudson Valley since prohibition ended.

Top Bottom