is this a good time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard205

Did a short ride on the new road bike yesterday.

Few inclines on the ride and did a 33km in 1h 30mins, that was with a head wind on the return journey.

So, is this an ok time? I was a bit dissapointed as i thought i'd be faster! And i need to adjust the height of the saddle a little bit plus cleats as my knees are a bit sore today.

snorri

Legendary Member
So, is this an ok time? I was a bit dissapointed as i thought i'd be faster!
The only person who thinks it is not an ok time is you!
Don't get obsessed with times, I cycled about 70K yesterday and have little idea how long it took me, but I enjoyed it. :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The only person who thinks it is not an ok time is you!
Don't get obsessed with times, I cycled about 70K yesterday and have little idea how long it took me, but I enjoyed it. :biggrin:

+1

Don't get hung up about it, head winds will always have an effect, that is just the way it is, the only person you are competing against is your self and that is the one person you aren't going to beat...

asterix

Comrade Member
Took my cycle computer off the bike - right off. I prefer it without although when cycling in the mountains it was quite interesting to know the gradient sometimes.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Where you are,speedwise, is where you are.

It works out at 13mph, so if you want to get faster then the only real solution is practice/protein to build up leg muscle.

Improvement can and does take time in cycling - so be patient.

lukesdad

Took my cycle computer off the bike - right off. I prefer it without although when cycling in the mountains it was quite interesting to know the gradient sometimes.
Ive got a computer on my winter/hack for added interest. Dont bother the rest of the time its just a distraction

jayonabike