It feels like I have a jock strap on my face!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Yep that's correct! After the thread on PM10's from diesel fumes, I decided to order a respro city mask, when I was a teenager my left lung colapsed 4 times over a 5 year period so I am aware of fumes etc, that I inhale on a daily basis.
very pleased with the mask in terms of keeping fumes at bay, but god it's uncomfortable!!
I have quite a large face and even though I ordered the large model it always digs in to my nose something cronick, I will persist in trying to get the position right but, I really wish I didn't have to!
Damn Buses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

Rant over!

Would it be very impertinent to ask exactly how you know what having a jock strap on your face feels like?;)

OP
OP
D

DJ

Yes Badkitty it would be impertenant to ask me that!!!!!!!!!!!;);)
(spits hair's out from between teeth)

I don't feel bad about it there was a girl at school who refered to me as Jockus Strapus................I Always thought it was an ancient Latin/scottish war hero!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

i was actualy hoping there would be some suggestions as to other uses for the damn thing, obviously the afore mentioned, and rather unoriginaly it could make up half of a bra, for some one who has a breast about the size of my face!B):tongue: Oh my what a thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
D

DJ

Nortones2 said:
Its for nuisance dusts. I doubt very much if it will be good enough to filter out PM10, as it isn't designed to. See HTTP://WWW.RESPRO.COM/products/urban-commuting/cycling/city_mask/ where they are up-front on this.

To get a respirator to fit properly, to cope with exertion and to filter down to ultra-fine particles at the same time is no easy task.

I thought in the thread about PM10's we decided they did work?

Well anyway I can feel some benefit, Bus fumes usualy make me cough quite easily but with the mask on The fumes don't seem to reach my lungs quite so much so I will be persisting!

badkitty said:
Would it be very impertinent to ask exactly how you know what having a jock strap on your face feels like?:biggrin:

I was thinking this.:evil::evil:

I have worn the old mask and arghhhh.But useful in cold weather to stop the coughing.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I suspect these masks might be able to trap some of the PM10s as per the previous topic, but I really doubt that they can make a large difference. That would seem to be confirmed by Nortones link.

OP
OP
D

DJ

I had exactly the same! Hurts, doesn't it?

Yes it does Paul, alot!!! not something I really like to talk about too often.

So we wont eh ,just want to say got a slightly better positon for it(the mask) tonight . I am going to get the hang of it even if it kills me, which it may do!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I won't wear a mask...I don't commute in London though.....

I need max air flow - i.e. I don't pootle....If you pootle then these might be OK, but not the pace I ride and many other folk do.... I think these masks are terrible.

I'm like a puffing steam engine, especially in the cold...... drivers must think....'god riding a bike looks hard'......... steam from my mouth, and sweat evaporation from clothing...he..he....

Top Bottom