It looks like we’re getting back to normal a bit quicker than I thought.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I’ve just had an email from B.C. telling me that I can lead small rides again ( ride social only until July 4th )as of tomorrow. There’s a zoom meeting to explain exactly what’s what tomorrow. I’m surprised we’ve been given the green light so soon, but it’s a very welcome step back towards normality.:okay:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'm not sure how accurate you are with this interpretation but it does depend on the rides you lead. As a club sec I've received information which contradicts your post.

There will be an official announcement tomorrow. I would wait to see that before reaching a conclusion.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I'm not sure how accurate you are with this interpretation but it does depend on the rides you lead. As a club sec I've received information which contradicts your post.

There will be an official announcement tomorrow. I would wait to see that before reaching a conclusion.
I’m very accurate about it

Drago

Legendary Member
Ha ha! Yes, the CTC boys and girls are a bit sandal and tank top, and while I'm a member I dont ride with them either. Their ride leaders are no better, just wrinklier.

The problem with being a professional trainer of professional ride leaders I find this amateur stuff does seem a bit...amateur, sometimes dangerously so. Even worse, a lot of the ride leaders in both organisations are so far up their own backsides I'm surprised they don't spontaneously turn inside out. BC and CUK are very much getting what they pay for with their ride leaders.

In any case, I don't think either group would want me on one of their organised rides again. They're a bit fed up of me humming the Mickey Mouse theme every time they cocked up, which meant I ended up humming almost continuously. I also hum it to bike cam videos that ride leaders post up on the web.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Ha ha! Yes, the CTC boys and girls are a bit sandal and tank top, and while I'm a member I dont ride with them either. Their ride leaders are no better, just wrinklier.

The problem with being a professional trainer of professional ride leaders I find this amateur stuff does seem a bit...amateur, sometimes dangerously so. Even worse, a lot of the ride leaders in both organisations are so far up their own backsides I'm surprised they don't spontaneously turn inside out. BC and CUK are very much getting what they pay for with their ride leaders.

In any case, I don't think either group would want me on one of their organised rides again. They're a bit fed up of me humming the Mickey Mouse theme every time they cocked up, which meant I ended up humming almost continuously. I also hum it to bike cam videos that ride leaders post up on the web.
Well that should say something about you and not them then really. If you think they are all wrong, chances are it’s actually you that’s got it wrong.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
@Racing roadkill - yes you clearly are correct. As I said it "depends on the rides you lead" - obviously yours are covered.
The ‘ride socials’ are, the guided rides aren’t until July the 4th. Guided rides are the ones officially covered by B.C. and lead by the trained ride leaders. Anyone can set up a ‘ride social’.

Top Bottom