Its getting how I want it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BC BOOTLE

VIKING ROAD CLUB LIVERPOOL
Image0071.jpg Image0072.jpg Image0075.jpg Image0076.jpg Image0077.jpg Image0078.jpg Image0079.jpg Image0080.jpg Image0109.jpg Image0111.jpg I Bought a Viking Roma I liked the weight for the money,turned out drop bars were not good for my commute or my back,Boardman saddle,pair of Shimano pdm 505's,,Ultegra/Tiagra derailleurs,Schwalbe M+'s and Easton Ec90 forks have got it nearly the way I want It...Nearly:laugh:
Image0071.jpg
Image0072.jpg
Image0075.jpg
Image0076.jpg
Image0077.jpg
Image0078.jpg
Image0079.jpg
Image0080.jpg
Image0109.jpg
Image0111.jpg
Image0071.jpg Image0072.jpg Image0075.jpg Image0076.jpg Image0077.jpg Image0078.jpg Image0079.jpg Image0080.jpg Image0109.jpg Image0111.jpg

I think it looks really nice :smile:

OP
OP
BC BOOTLE

BC BOOTLE

Thanks mimi and keith . .don't use tri's whilst commuting qaz . . Drops suit some people . .this configuration suits me best .

OP
OP
BC BOOTLE

BC BOOTLE

Seen the Ec90's in a dark hidden corner on ebay . . . Bnib £87 result . . Lbs couldn't believe it. . . Seat ebay £12 . . . Calipers bnib £22.

Chris-H

Über Member
Huge thanks for sharing this with us mate.I've had a dillema for a few weeks now,my current winter hack does'nt have mudguard clearance so is'nt ideal for winter,my Viking D'Italia has crud roadrace mk2's fitted,i also have a broken mtb i'm waiting to rebuild,i cant get on with the drops and after trying various different stems and new bars just cant get 100% comfortable on the Viking.Not found a suitable frame with guard clearance to rebuild the winter hack so had to think again.After seeing this thread i have now transferred the riser bars,shifters/brake levers from my mtb to my Viking,have also ordered a pair of 700xc25 Marathons and now have a winter ride with mudguards that i really do like,its improved my comfort on the bike no end.So once again cheers mate.Nice bike btw :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BC BOOTLE

BC BOOTLE

Huge thanks for sharing this with us mate.I've had a dillema for a few weeks now,my current winter hack does'nt have mudguard clearance so is'nt ideal for winter,my Viking D'Italia has crud roadrace mk2's fitted,i also have a broken mtb i'm waiting to rebuild,i cant get on with the drops and after trying various different stems and new bars just cant get 100% comfortable on the Viking.Not found a suitable frame with guard clearance to rebuild the winter hack so had to think again.After seeing this thread i have now transferred the riser bars,shifters/brake levers from my mtb to my Viking,have also ordered a pair of 700xc25 Marathons and now have a winter ride with mudguards that i really do like,its improved my comfort on the bike no end.So once again cheers mate.Nice bike btw :thumbsup:
Nice one Chris,you'll have to post some pics, , mine gets some looks,,they see Viking and think the worst, till they take a closer look..

Chris-H

Über Member
I'll get some pics up this eve hopefully as the tyres should be delivered today sometime,people look at mine and think its a top end spec bike( non cyclists)..........little do they know:whistle:
I'm still wanting to change the front and rear mechs as they really are cheapie crap,same as the brakes were.Will get there in the end though.

OP
OP
BC BOOTLE

BC BOOTLE

You'll get there :-) some amazing bargains on ebay for mechs and brakes. . Hope you have a better time than me getting the Marathons on. . . Mine were unbelievably tight to get on , :sad: . . Look forward to the pics :smile:

Top Bottom