it's going to be a great weekend reprise.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I said:

It's going to be a great weekend.
I'm off to York to see Richie Blackmore at the Grand Opera House with some friends from my schools days in Darlington after we've had a meal.

I've just collected Woodrup's flagship belt drive touring bike which is now regally at rest chez Vernon and is on loan for the entire weekend for a test ride.

What more could I want?

Was i tempting fate or what.

Blackmore's Night was utter 5hite. The best part of the gig was the end of the set.

I only got to ride the Woodrup bike for one day albeit for seventy miles to DArlington.

I woke on Sunday with a stinking headache and within ten minutes was shivering uncontrollably. I couldn't figure out what it might be as there were no cold symptoms, I rang my pal in Darlington to check on his health and to eliminate pie poisoning (Bothoms of Whitby - peppery and very tasty) and settled for a virus. Sunday's calories were supplied bu a cheese toasty.

I resolved to go to the doctors the next day as I was feeling really unwell and I got my wife to ring the next morning as I had the next stage of development - the Screaming Abdabs or in my case a jet wash. The details of my 'accidents' are to gruesome to relate.

A different medical problem surface on Monday morning to add to my woes. My right leg was hurting like hell from the calf down.

The doc dismissed the virus but showed a lot of interest in my leg. I have an infection in the connective tissue. I can barely walk and getting out of a chair takes a minute or two before the pain subsides - it makes the rush for the toilet a nerve wracking experience. :eek:

Monday's calories were supplied by a banana sandwich.

Today things are returning to normal. Apart from the leg which seems to be slightly worse everything else seems fine. A fried egg sandwich this morning announced my arrival at Calories R Us and a lamb chop and new potatoes are on tonight's menu.

On the positive side:

I met up with my pals and had a great meal. We were united in our disappointment at Blackmore's descent into mediocrity and we had a laugh about it.

The bike ride was sublime.

A couple of miles out of Northallerton on the Darlington side, I was overtaken by a big flash Mercedes which slowed down pulled onto the verge and the driver beckoned me over. He was a friend of my brother's in Darlington and a nodding acquaintance of mine and he had just won a £20 bet from his passenger, who was looking miserable, by identifying me from the rear. The task would have been a lot harder if I hadn't been wearing bib shorts.

This might be an opportunity to reduce calorie intake through portion size reduction. I apologised to my wife for leaving some of the toast because I was full.

Mrs Vernon will be shortly receiving some nice thing(s) to show my appreciation for some of the unpleasant things she had to deal with of the past few days.

postman

Legendary Member
Vernon all i can say.Is stay away from this side of the street.

No only joking.get well soon.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Vernon all i can say.Is stay away from this side of the street.

No only joking.get well soon.

I've only ventured out once since Saturday and that was to see the doc and to return the bike to Woodrup's

I would wish my discomfort on anyone it's bloody aweful.

Anyone got some morphine going spare?

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

I've only ventured out once since Saturday and that was to see the doc and to return the bike to Woodrup's

I would wish my discomfort on anyone it's bloody aweful.

Anyone got some morphine going spare?

Things have gone from bad to worse.

I waiting for an ambulance to take me to Jimmy's for IV antibiotics and testing for a suspected DVT.
sad.gif

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

No DVT but still in hospital on IV antibiotics for an infection in my lower left leg. Had some laughs, a bit of trauma by proxy and in insight into the quality of service provided by the NHS.

I wish I could leave .my leg behind, go home, and come back at suitable intervals to pay it a visit.

GTTTM

oh my! I hope you're better soon!!!

Top Bottom