It's gone insect mental out there...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Don't know about other parts of the country, but we're infested here. Flying ants, greenfly, midges, you look out of the windows and it's just teeming out there, especially this afternoon. We've had to close the doors etc to keep them out. It's almost unbearable out there. Must be the perfect weather out there for them....daren't go cycling, i'd come back 1/2 stone heavier...and not need an evening meal :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
all the ants, small ones, big ones, small winged ones and big winged ones decided to make an appearance en masse in my garden this afternoon.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I've not been on my bike today, but the bbq I attended was plagued by flying ants and greenfly in South East London.

2PedalsTez

Über Member
Went out for a ride earlier this afternoon. Came home covered in the little buggers (suncream on arms etc didn't help).

Rumour is you ain't seen nothing yet if you are in Scotland. Apparently its going to be a bumper season for the Scottish Piranha Midge this year.

calibanzwei

Got swarmed by those tiny black pollen beetles on Friday - must remember to pack the safety goggles!

Looked like a roll of fly paper by the time I got to work this morning, covered in green and black flying things. Had to gob a load out at the traffic lights at one point. Maybe I should wear hi-viz so they can see me coming and shift.

the snail

Guru
Looked like a roll of fly paper by the time I got to work this morning, covered in green and black flying things. Had to gob a load out at the traffic lights at one point. Maybe I should wear hi-viz so they can see me coming and shift.

I think hi-viz might attract some insects though...
Perhaps we should have a poll - "do you spit or swallow?"

Bluebell72

I had pollen beetles and thrips all over yesterday.

They seem to land on my face the most and then start walking into my hair, itchy tickle on the scalp, it drives me nuts, and all over the lens of my sunglasses.
I cycled round a corner into a slight headwind and I swear it was as though I had got a cloud of flipping insects just for me! Makes a change from last week's torrential downpours where I arrived everywhere in bright sunshine, but soaking, and I mean dripping wet!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Such a funny thing at work today...just sat eating my dinner, over the radio came 'Colin' to the office IMMEDIATELY'
:whistle: WTF have i done now, or has someone else done ?

Wondered in there...'Ok, what have you blown up ?'..expecting a aircon unit or PC to have gone up the swanny.

'What have you got for this ? ' they said pointing to the corner of the office skirting board....absolutely hundreds of flying ants teeming out :ohmy:

The office is ground level, but 60 ft away from any soil, and 20 feet from the door to the concrete yard outside.. How the hell they've built a nest there, god only knows..

Straight down the local shops, got some flyspray and ant killer. Normally i'd say they'll be gone in a few hours, but this was a bit much for the poor sods working in there :biggrin:

Top Bottom