It's nearly here...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I'm quite excited, I have to say, as tomorrow (all being well with the world) my new Spesh Allez Elite arrives to cheer me up. ;)

My beloved Allez was nicked on Tuesday night (funnily enough after watching The Dark Knight - how ironic?!?) but the insurance bods have pulled out all the stops for me as it's my main mode of transport.

Payment was agreed by Wednesday afternoon and my order was placed Thursday afternoon.

I bought it online as it was 65 quid cheaper and thus I could get some required extras (bearing in mind it was an upgrade so cost was higher anyway) - hey, fire me!! My last one was bought at the LBS but they can't get hold of '08 stock easily now so I had to go elsewhere and found it cheaper too! Bonus.

Anything cheered you up recently???

Plax

Guru
Bummer to hear about the bike, glad your new one is arriving imminently.
Nothing has cheered me up lately. Quite the reverse actually - I'm ill and can't go out on the bike and yesterday and this evening have been ideal cycling days. Mr Plax says I'm not allowed out on the bike until at least the end of the week providing I'm better ;).
Never mind hey, potato bake in the oven nearly ready!

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
The insurance company were worryingly efficient!!! The bizarre thing is that they haven't asked for a single receipt for anything! Not quite sure why, but I'm not complaining. :biggrin:

I also forgot to mention the saddle bag, pedals, pump and tools in the bag but then simply emailed them with a breakdown of costs to replace and they issued a second payment to cover that too. :biggrin::thumbsup:

It makes a change for it not to be a struggle - my last (and only other, come to think of it) household insurance claim was for a TV accidentally damaged by my Nephew on Boxing Day in 2006 - it took until April 2007 to get it sorted out as they just kept telling me it was wear and tear (yeah, it was working, then got knocked by a falling lamp, and now it's not working... wear and tear????). ;)

They finally admitted in a letter (the one saying they wouldn't be paying up) that although the knock would have sped up the wear and tear process it was still wear and tear!!!! I simply pointed out then that they had admitted that the knock was instrumental in it not working and mentioned the fact that I would be taking it further if they refused to pay... lo and behold they resolved the issue almost immediately. Muppets. We parted company with them at the next renewal.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Insured with M>re Than (or whatever their strange name is with the little character in it) - my colleague called them "Less Than" when I said I was changing to them... but I have been extremely impressed with the service in this instance. Of course I haven't seen the renewal notice yet which may be astronomical!!! ;)

On a slightly separate note - if anyone is considering changing to them PM me as we got some details about how new policy taker-outers (you know what I mean) can get £25 of M&S vouchers for them and the referring person (that'd be me)..... :biggrin:

That's M&S vouchers (careful!!) for those that read too quickly ad/or have a dirty mind. :biggrin:;)

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Standard household insurance, added the Pedal Cycle cover for abit extra - I think it was just over £30 for £515 of cover with a £25 excess.

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
They bolt-cropped the big padlock on the garage door and got inside that way. They took my bike and my Daughter's (which we'd only bought on the Sunday before!;)).

I'm thinking that although the garage is locked and has a sturdy door it seems we need to think about further security inside to lock things up to as well!!! Grrrrr. Thieving scrotes! :biggrin::biggrin:!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've got a hasp type lock as well on my garage with a padlock which has the 'bolt' protected.

Most garage door locks are the crappy filing cabinet type - looks as though they were equipped - blooming heck !

Maybe time for wall or floor anchors then ?

OP
OP
Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
It is a hasp type lock, they simply cropped the padlock off (presumably - they took it with them so I have no evidence of how they actually removed it!) with what we at work call "a universal key".

I shall indeed be looking at some form of ground fixed anchor too - bloody annoying though, you expect it to be safe inside a locked building!! ;)

Top Bottom