itunes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
Try http://www.gomusicnow.com. 9 cents per download and quite legal (technically).

LeeW

I stopped using Itunes as their downloads are in a DRM infested proprietary format and you can only play them on an Ipod and not any other make of player unless you crack the DRM. I now use 7digital for my music downloads which provide plain Mp3 files which can be played on almost any player.

potsy

Rambler
LeeW said:
I stopped using Itunes as their downloads are in a DRM infested proprietary format and you can only play them on an Ipod and not any other make of player unless you crack the DRM. I now use 7digital for my music downloads which provide plain Mp3 files which can be played on almost any player.
i-tunes downloads can now be played on other mp3 players as they have disabled the drm.Probably why they have put their prices up.
I stopped using them some months ago,but don't ask where I now go.:sad:

PBancroft

um... I dunno. 99p a song - about the cost of one and a half Mars bars - seems quite reasonable for something which takes a large group of people several months to produce. I'd prefer a system where the revenue goes direct to the artist and team involved, but I can't help but think that would possibly be more costly to implement than the current way.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
as per Kaipath, 99p for something that could own and enjoy for the rest of your life is fair cheap in my opinion.

LeeW

Coco said:
I'd be very wary of giving my credit card details to a Russian site.

I'd also doubt weather any of the money even went to the people who made the song. You might as well just get the song from a file sharing network.

ACW

I listen to music on spotify and if i like it i buy the cd, mine forever and if you pc/ipod goes tits up you can always start again

LeeW

ACW said:
if you pc/ipod goes tits up you can always start again
That is why I burn my downloads to cd's. I don't buy CDs very often as it is normally only one or a few tracks I want rather than a whole album.

longers

Legendary Member
I like using the itunes software on the computer because I've bought some crap over the years yet it doesn't sound too bad on shuffle.

Top Bottom