I've been suebo'd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
I was driving along, listening to the radio. A vaguely familiar song came on, sang by a female. I was wondering who it was and thinking to myself that she had a nice voice.

Wild Horses by Susan Boyle.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
All hope is lost. ;)

PaulB

Legendary Member
MichaelM said:
I was driving along, listening to the radio. A vaguely familiar song came on, sang by a female. I was wondering who it was and thinking to myself that she had a nice voice.

The Rolling Stones' Wild Horses?

And did you hear that when Susan Boyle was interviewed on American TV they had to put subtitles on when she spoke? As you can imagine, this infuriated a substantial amount of people from West Lothian where she's from....as they can't read.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
PaulB said:

And did you hear that when Susan Boyle was interviewed on American TV they had to put subtitles on when she spoke? As you can imagine, this infuriated a substantial amount of people from West Lothian where she's from....as they can't read.

Oh that made me chortle... ;)

gavintc

Guru
PaulB said:

Seems like you have your own issues.

wafflycat

She sings it rather well.

rh100

;)

If you was on your bike - you wouldn't have heard it and got caught out:smile:

It's not a cover of Horses by Patti Smith is it?

bauldbairn

MichaelM said:

Same thing happened to me(and I was cycling, rh100;)) - don't follow these reality tv show type things(knew who Subo was through the media though). Didn't know she'd covered it - not a bad version, to be honest. ;):blush::evil:

Reminded me of being at a Beautiful South gig at the Barrowland more than twenty years ago - singing along to a song they were doing that sounded familiar only to realise it was "Fame"(from kids from):evil::blush::evil:.

scook94

Veteran
I heard it today too as I was driving down to MK. I had no idea who it was or that it was a cover. It's all too easy for people to slag her off but in all honesty it's a damn fine tune. I look forward to hearing it again. (So there!)

Top Bottom