I've blown up my turbo trainer!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RedBike

Flash -a -ah - He'll save everyone of us.....
(Sorry nothing to do with Queen, I couldn't resist. )

I've just blown up my turbo trainer. A Tacx I magic.
There I was sprinting up a hilll desperatly trying to catch a previous incarnation of me when there was a bang and blinding blue flash of light followed by all the lights going out and a smell of burning.

What have I done?
I can still move up and down the menus in the software via the handlebar controler but if I pedal nothing happens.

yenrod

RedBike said:
Flash -a -ah - He'll save everyone of us.....
(Sorry nothing to do with Queen, I couldn't resist. )

I've just blown up my turbo trainer. A Tacx I magic.
There I was sprinting up a hilll desperatly trying to catch a previous incarnation of me when there was a bang and blinding blue flash of light followed by all the lights going out and a smell of burning.

What have I done?
I can still move up and down the menus in the software via the handlebar controler but if I pedal nothing happens.

You should contact Tacx and tell them and they'll prob give you one for testing !

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

just jim said:
You built a time machine...out of a turbo trainer?

lol,

The trainers linked to a computer. You ride along in a 'video game' with the resistance changing on the trainer depending on the terrain.

Watch this..

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=eNu9bhJ7CD8&feature=related

The beuty is that you can save your ride and then next time you ride the same route you get to race against yourself. In fact you can race against several other incarnations of yourself.

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

You should contact Tacx and tell them and they'll prob give you one for testing !

I suspect i've either managed to get sweat into something that isn't suppost to get wet or i've managed to yank a lead out of somewhere (can't see anything loose).

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

I was very close to moving at the speed of light when it went bang. It was quite lucky that I was clipped in.

I wish it was a time machine. I was 4 minutes quicker over 14miles 5/6months ago.

just jim

You must have hit 1.21 gigawatts

;)

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

Hilldodger said:
Have you tried switching it off and then back on again?

Yes I have.
It tripped the fuse for the downstairs part of the house.

Sadly it isn't under gurantee so I've got to send it off the tacx and pray that it doesn't cost too much to get repaired. With the upgrade kit being £150 on it's own this could be very costly.

OP
OP
RedBike

RedBike

I've found the problem

There's a big hole in the power cable where the fly-wheel has rubbed it. Eventually causing the wires to touch /short.

I'm going to fit a new cable tonight and pray that the motor isn't damaged.

Top Bottom