I've got a bad feeling about this....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sitting at work yesterday lunchtime, looking at the downpour, I asked if anyone had seen a forecast for the weeked - I want to get out for a decent ride one day or other.

Consensus (later confirmed by the 10.30 weather forecast on telly) was that today would be like yesterday - wet, and that Sunday would be nicer, before the rain came again on Monday.

So I elected to make today my lazy mooching day, and Sunday my ride day.

Today started a little cloudy, and I had a very rare long lie in, breakfast and reading in bed until 10.30, and then pottered out for some shopping, and back for a light lunch and some laundry and chores. But it got warmer and sunnier as the day went on, and now it's all blue sky, if a little windy.

If it rains tomorrow, I shall be cross. :angry:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I thought that and then there was a gigantic downpour about 3pm or something when I'd have been out which wasn't forecast.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I suppose it might be raining out there somewhere that I might have been....

It's my weekend dilemma. Do I go out riding for the day on the Saturday, and have Sunday to recover, or give in to the desire for a lie in on Saturday.

Weekends should be 3 days....

PaulB

Legendary Member
Living in York, Arch, isn't your priority to uncover the various places you'll get two of each type of animal and a degree in carpentry to enable you to fashion an ark in time to escape the coming deluge? I mean, you always know for a virtual certainty that if there's a hosepipe ban in effect, you better get down to B&Q for the wood, nails, straw etc...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Living in York, Arch, isn't your priority to uncover the various places you'll get two of each type of animal and a degree in carpentry to enable you to fashion an ark in time to escape the coming deluge? I mean, you always know for a virtual certainty that if there's a hosepipe ban in effect, you better get down to B&Q for the wood, nails, straw etc...

Yeah, true, I mean the river wasn't all that high yesterday, but that means nothing...

I don't need a degree in carpentry, by the way, I can (and have) knit an ark....

S7002136.JPG

Since then, I've added tigers, snakes, penguins, chimps and camels...

(sorry, enormous pic!)

stavros

I empathise with your plight - managed a ride today towards Malton in the teeth of the killer wind. Glad I did it now, and boy, coming home was fast........

Look North weather forecast is notoriously crap - I tend to look at the horizon and decide from that. NB: red sky tonight so I should fill up yer watter bottle kiddo. :thumbsup:

Got back from holiday a couple of hours ago from the South-West - chilly and over the last few days so it will naturally be fine warm and sunny tomorrow. Especially in the SW.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It was warm yesterday so when Gti junior and I went round on our bikes to a friend's BBQ I was only wearing shorts, T shirt and a thin mid layer. As the evening went on it got colder and colder and by the time we rode home at dusk I was frozen. Sun is out this morning but I feel quite unwell; supposed to be going out to do a big ride at 8.30......

PaulB

Legendary Member
Yeah, true, I mean the river wasn't all that high yesterday, but that means nothing...

I don't need a degree in carpentry, by the way, I can (and have) knit an ark....

That's magnifique. (Enters wheedling cadge mode) You, erm, you couldn't knit us a bike could you, Arch? A Pinarello with Campag Chorus gearing if poss. Thanks!

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
That's magnifique. (Enters wheedling cadge mode) You, erm, you couldn't knit us a bike could you, Arch? A Pinarello with Campag Chorus gearing if poss. Thanks!

I've thought of knitting a bike, but there are certain structural rigidity problems for overcome...

Went out, did 55 miles. Flew along going out.

Turned round at Mkt Weighton, discovered the wind that had been behind me...

Also, coming down the hill into Burnby, felt a bit fast, maybe faster than the last time I did it....

Maxed at 40mph for the first time! :biggrin:

Top Bottom