I've got an electric bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I was told of a rumour that been's circulating in the office today that I've got an electric bike.

Before Christmas, two colleagues saw me (though I didn't see them) and told the rest of the guys that I was doing 25 mph on the flat and there's no way anybody can pedal that speed. 'it must be an electric bike cause there was a big box on the back'.

The big box being my pannier.

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Don't you just love people ;)

Hop3y

Padiham Commuter
[QUOTE 1290019"]
Crazy, isn't it? My colleagues think I should be sectioned because I cycle 4 miles to work.
[/quote]

Mine are exactly the same. Why bike when you can get the bus? That question doesn't need answering in my eyes!:laugh:

potsy

Rambler
I get asked whether or not my bike has a motor quite a few times by colleagues, don't think they believe a fat bloke like me can ride nearly 20 miles a day without one
biggrin.gif

8mile

Friend and family consider me to be some sort of 'iron man' on account of my daily 16 miles!

ohnovino

Large Member
I was on my way to work and spotted a colleague on the pavement ahead. I slowed right down and was about to say hello but he was on his mobile so I didn't bother.

Later that day he saw me and said "wow, you were really flying along the road this morning". I was doing, at the very most, 12mph :whistle:

Adasta

Friend and family consider me to be some sort of 'iron man' on account of my daily 16 miles!

I remember cycling to my first full=time job when I was about 18. It was about 8-10 miles overall. I never bat an eyelid about doing it - it wasn't very far and was much better than having to get two buses. There was also a beautiful cycle path that went along fields and under a disused railway bridge.

I think when you've been cycling for a while, you just forget about distance. Most people, if they hear "16 miles" will think "That's like driving to another town!" It's easy to forget about cycling a distance when you're having fun!

pshore

My cycle is seven miles each way. A lot of people say its not doable. Then I tell them I've walked home so they ask how long it takes and I say 1hr35m, and I once ran home in 50 mins. Then they go silent for a bit as they consider how long it takes them by car or bus.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
You'd think by the way people react that 10 miles was the distance between the Earth and the Moon. It's so far to cycle that they can't comprehend how anyone can do it. Many think nothing of driving under 2 miles to work and complain about parking exclusion days when they can't park at work and park in the station car park about 2 minutes walk away.

Last week I met a former colleague who looked at me pityingly and said "You must be VERY brave" for regularly cycling to work. Funny, I'd say I was very lucky to cycle to work. I get enjoyment and exercise out of it, not to mention knocking 20 - 50 minutes off the journey time by bus!

Norm

A colleague cycled to the station to get the 7:30 train a couple of miles from my house this morning.

I left home on the bike at 8:30. I had a very slow ride in, stopped 6 times for various reasons, but still beat him here by 5 minutes.

When the cyclists think you're nuts for doing 10 miles each way, you do start to question yourself.

Last year rode down to Calshot ('bout 6 mile) and then walked about two miles back to meet the two Boys Brigade sections that were walking towards me. After the BBQ at the end of the walk I then cycled home again. Nobody could believe that I had actualy covered 12 miles just for a BBQ.

littlelulu

Love it!

I cycle with my daughter on the back as I have decided to ditch the car. I drop her off at nursery near work.

They think I am mad, work think I am mad. I only do 9 miles! :smile:

Top Bottom