I've just been a majorette!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I've just had the BEST birthday present from the parents. When I was little I always wanted to be a majorette but for various reasons wasn't allowed to go. I've berated my parents about this ever since, so for my birthday, at the grand old age of 34, they sent me to join a troupe of majorettes for the morning.

It was AWESOME. Everyone was so incredibly friendly and I was pretty moved by the dedication of the team who keep the troupe up and running, working with girls from some pretty deprived parts of Leeds. People who give their time like that are inspirational.

I was awful - I have no co-ordination, whacked myself with the baton a few times and got all the moves wrong but it was so much fun. I honestly had no idea how difficult majoretting is! Haven't got any photos at the moment but when I get one, I may well post it (dependent on how my legs look)

SO much fun!

TVC

Cool birthday present. I'm sure you can guess the way most of the male minds round here will now be working. - Not me obviously, I'm far too mature for that;)

snakehips

Excellent !

I look forward to the pics , whatever the quality

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'm now considering the wisdom of this thread but I was just pretty moved by the team who run the group and their dedication. Really challenged me to get involved. Not in a majoretting kind of way because I was AWFUL but how to help them practically.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Cathryn said:
I'm now considering the wisdom of this thread but I was just pretty moved by the team who run the group and their dedication. Really challenged me to get involved. Not in a majoretting kind of way because I was AWFUL but how to help them practically.

I'm sure there is loads you could do - admin, or glueing sequins on, or just turning up to make tea or something...

longers

Legendary Member
An unusual but excellent present as you so clearly enjoyed it so much ;)

col

Legendary Member
My wife was in a band, the Ark Royals before we were a couple and used to be the base drummer, she has hundreds of medals and trophies, which i still have in the attic. Sometimes I would cycle to where they were competing to watch, and get fish and chips of her mother;) For some reason she didnt particularly like me going:biggrin:

Oh yes,pics please too:biggrin:

Top Bottom