I've just bought my own bike...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
....for £58. That is, I now actually own my bike after having bought it through cyclescheme.:biggrin:

I have to admit £58 is pretty good for my Ultegra/105 equipped Kinesis which, unusually for me I have been taking reasonable care of! :wacko:

Now, I must avoid the temptation of buying another bike off the scheme....:biggrin:

(Due to having just had our third child, moved house, done a fair amount of renovation with the kitchen still to have done, and the quotes for the kitchen coming in a good bit higher than we anticipated - damn supporting walls masquerading as stud walls - it will not be too difficult to avoid the urge, especially when the wife would kill me! :laugh::biggrin:)

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
magnatom said:
....for £58. That is, I now actually own my bike after having bought it through cyclescheme.:biggrin:

I have to admit £58 is pretty good for my Ultegra/105 equipped Kinesis which, unusually for me I have been taking reasonable care of! :wacko:

Now, I must avoid the temptation of buying another bike off the scheme....:biggrin:

(Due to having just had our third child, moved house, done a fair amount of renovation with the kitchen still to have done, and the quotes for the kitchen coming in a good bit higher than we anticipated - damn supporting walls masquerading as stud walls - it will not be too difficult to avoid the urge, especially when the wife would kill me! :laugh::biggrin:)

£58....

....plus all the brake pads and wages docked. :smile:

adscrim

Veteran
magnatom said:
Oh, aye, there was this strange deduction every month. That wasn't for my bike was it.....? :laugh::wacko:

No, they've been monitoring your internet usage - hope mine don't start that!

J4CKO

I dont know what I will do after the next 16 months have gone by, now have the Bad Boy paid for and now the Allez, would I want another after the hire period is over, assuming the scheme is still going I think I may, 18 months of commute tends to take its toll, perfectly good still but the temptation for a brand new bike is too strong, especially given the 40% discount, sell the old one and have a brand new one, sort of like company car drivers, you dont get a 40% discount on replacing worn out parts.

MrRidley

magnatom said:

I have to admit £58 is pretty good for my Ultegra/105 equipped Kinesis which, unusually for me I have been taking reasonable care of! :biggrin:

Now, I must avoid the temptation of buying another bike off the scheme....:sad:

(Due to having just had our third child, moved house, done a fair amount of renovation with the kitchen still to have done, and the quotes for the kitchen coming in a good bit higher than we anticipated - damn supporting walls masquerading as stud walls - it will not be too difficult to avoid the urge, especially when the wife would kill me! :blush::biggrin:)

Never resist, you know you need another bike, that's what i told myself (but not the missus yet) this will be my third from Cyclescheme :biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I just resisted the temptation to use the scheme again this year. The renewal period is now over so I'm safe!!

However, I did get my third bike from the nice Anth from citycycling and I'm in the process of converting it to either singlespeed or fixed. This was it when he owned it. It started life as a steel-framed 70s racer.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
My scheme is due up for renewal in May,plan to keep the bike i have and have just started looking at another but don't tell Mrs Skud.....she says i cannot have the Langster i have been fondling every time i visit Evans LOL

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bhoyjim said:
Never resist, you know you need another bike, that's what i told myself (but not the missus yet) this will be my third from Cyclescheme :rolleyes:

Oh you naughty boy! :thumbsup: What are you getting?

JiMBR

I finish paying off my first bike in May and I have my eye on a Spesh Allez.

What's more...the missus says it's OK! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

goo_mason said:
I just resisted the temptation to use the scheme again this year. The renewal period is now over so I'm safe!!

However, I did get my third bike from the nice Anth from citycycling and I'm in the process of converting it to either singlespeed or fixed. This was it when he owned it. It started life as a steel-framed 70s racer.

:thumbsup:

I've just noticed....you're a moderator! :smile:

Does that mean I have to be nice to you from now on?:sad::rolleyes::tongue:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bhoyjim said:
I've ordered this http://www.evanscycles.com/products/bianchi/via-nirone-7-tiagra-2010-road-bike-ec021256 although not from Evans, it's from Solid Rock cycles, so it's quite a bit cheaper.

Oooh, very nice. :ohmy:

How did you find the chaps at Solid Rocks. I put my Ribble in to get serviced on a Monday and they said it would be ready by the end of the week. It wasn't actually ready until the following Friday.

They didn't really apologise and seemed to suggest that, that is just the way it is...Not overly impressed.

I might try Wheelcraft instead, which isn't too far away.

Top Bottom