I've lost the habit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
of riding my bike.

I had surgery to remove an infected cyst in my groin about 5 weeks back. While the wound was healing I was desperate to get out on the bike. Now that it's healed I can't seem to be bothered.

I really should get off my arse, I'm turning into a blob :biggrin:

Oh, and a new bike is not the answer either! I got one in April.

yenrod

You lazy shoot get out there...

:biggrin:

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Motivation is up to you alone.

However:

Why do you cycle?

Did you enjoy it?

What does the ride mean to you?

Start off small rides, build up, and imagine your rides, then get your passion back

Or is this the excuse you needed to stop??

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
yenrod said:
What the 'country' like - Tayside way :blush: hilly, flat or inbetween...

Yes, and usually windy :blush:

I'd probably describe it as undulating. I'm in Kinross (so bordering Fife) which sits in a bowl surrounded by some sharp climbs. Out Perth way there's some really scenic riding in the Sma Glen/Glen Almond/Dunkeld area, then there's Loch Tay /Glen Lyon, or the Braes of the Carse between Perth and Dundee...... you can go as hilly or as inbetween as you like, flat is a bit limited though! If you're after info on a specific area let me know.

Michael

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Force yourself. When you are out there you will love it. The thought of it is far worse than the actuality.

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
yenrod said:
You should put some pics up!

Not my pics, but to give an idea of what it's like;

Sma Glen
sma_glen_1.jpg

Glen Lyon
Dsc01294-709445.jpg

OP
OP
M

MichaelM

Guru
I went out for an hour or so, was more concerned about how the scar tissue would feel on the saddle than anything else. It was fine, though the legs felt a bit weak and the throat a bit hot.

It was good to be on my loverly Orbea - it will probably go into hibernation in Sept or maybe October if the weather stays as reliable as it has been :biggrin:

Oh, and I'll be out again tomorrow.

Top Bottom