I've really had enough....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Of this bl**dy weather!

Now, I don't mind riding in the rain if I know there's a good chance of getting wet. Or riding into a gale if I know it's coming.

I despair when we are told that the weekend is going to have a downpour of biblical proportions and the bl**dy sun comes out and stays out and I'm dressed in all my "waterproof" gear, sweating like a glass blowers ar*e!!

And to make matters worse the met office have a computer that takes up the space of two soccer pitches and can perform 100 trillion calculations every second. And still get it wrong!!!!!

Mr Phoebus

Glass domed cities of the future is the answer.

Seigi

Today has been one of those 'limbo days' where the dark grey clouds are lingering about and it could rain at any time without warning, it hasn't rained since about 14:00, but every time I look outside in the bleak attempt to muster some spirit to go cycling fear sets in my heart with "I bet it'll rain as soon as I get out".

OP
OP
Lardyboy

Lardyboy

I'd like to visit the Eden Project.

Good to see you back Lardyboy, been busy?

Life has been rather hectic over the last few months Longers. :wacko:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Of this bl**dy weather!

Now, I don't mind riding in the rain if I know there's a good chance of getting wet. Or riding into a gale if I know it's coming.

I despair when we are told that the weekend is going to have a downpour of biblical proportions and the bl**dy sun comes out and stays out and I'm dressed in all my "waterproof" gear, sweating like a glass blowers ar*e!!

And to make matters worse the met office have a computer that takes up the space of two soccer pitches and can perform 100 trillion calculations every second. And still get it wrong!!!!!

Least you got out .

When i did not have the opportunity it was sunny , come the time when i did get the chance it was chucking it down , we can but hope that tomorrow morning will be ok ...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I did 50 miles in a constant downpour... steady rain all the way around, but it was warm enough... it was a lovely ride actually!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It is good that the OP doesn't mind what the weather will be like (my sort of person), and it is too bad about the forecast, weather is weather, there is nothing you can do about it.

Generally though, I wish that people in this country weren't so bloody neurotic about it!
I once got into a Taxi and the driver told me without any hint of irony that it had been raining on and off for the last 17 days and how awful it all was etc etc (do people go home and make big charts or something?).:rolleyes:
Am I the only one who can barely remember or even give a flying **** what the weather was like yesterday and always look on with bemusement when everyone ALWAYS* says how crap the summer is?
To me it is warm, so who cares about the rest? we live just a few degrees south of the Arctic Circle and have 3000 miles of bloody great big ocean beside us (so OBVIOUSLY it is going to be just a tad wet). Why do people always think that summer will be like the Med? I mean get a grip people!

By the way, if it is any consolation, it is raining HERE! :biggrin:

* - It seems to me that the sun could be splitting the stones and everyone would still be complaining about how awful it all was.

Mr Phoebus

I've been cycling my commute since Dec 27th 2010 and last week (Thurs) was the first and only time

I've had to get my waterproofs out of my pannier. :ohmy:

Can't grumble at that.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm no racist but this blinkin' flip weather does my blinkin' flip head in. I don't mind getting rained on while I'm out on the bike but HATE taking the bike out into the rain. Why doesn't it leave us poor benighted Lancastrians alone and just pour down on those unworthy Londoners? All the time!

Top Bottom