James Blunt has just claimed on 5 Live that he...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
The McGinty family were in a shop on Saturday and Blunty was being played, I started Victor Meldrewing loudly to the missus that it was bad enough having to go to the shops without our ears being assaulted by his cretinous caterwauling, etc etc. Talk about insult to injury...

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
You're right.

Now can we carry on slagging him off please.

I have to say for a 'musician' he leans on his Captaincy far too much for my liking.

There are more than enough wounded or dead soldiers who would be a damn sight more humble about their part in any wartime operations.

He's simply a git.

I think you have to look at this interview in the context it took place. It s all part of the Armistice Day rememberance process. Many ex forces guys have been interviewed about experiences they had, some very harrowing and some not so. IMHO the WW3 reference is one of those of the cuff remarks, which if you listen to short clip of the interview on the BBC, was actually first mentioned by the interviewer.

But i have to concede, he should have stayed in the Army rather than inflict his music on us.;)

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 1244730"]
Billy Bragg was in the army. He never used that as an excuse for people to not give him a hard time. He never claimed to have saved us from Lucifer either. I think.
[/quote]

He bought himself out after three months.

Top Bottom