Jamie Oliver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Greedo

Now i don't really mind this guy but saw about 15 mins of his Ministry Of Food rubbish programme last night.

Now as i said on another thread I own a property company and as you can imagine I have to deal with tradesmen and the language on a site is colourful to see the least. So I'm no prude. far from it. But what is the script with Jamie and his Gordon Ramsay style swearing. He's showing himself up to be a total twat.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aren't you the bloke who owns a property company or am I thinking of someone else?:tongue:

LLB

Greedo said:
Now i don't really mind this guy but saw about 15 mins of his Ministry Of Food rubbish programme last night.

Now as i said on another thread I own a property company and as you can imagine I have to deal with tradesmen and the language on a site is colourful to see the least. So I'm no prude. far from it. But what is the script with Jamie and his Gordon Ramsay style swearing. He's showing himself up to be a total twat.

Quiet times :tongue:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

yes yes yes boys, very amusing.

And LLB as for being quiet no we're not. It's all about planning my boy and saw things coming to a head a while back and prepared. As much as I'm sure you'd love to hear I've got a pile of stuff sitting unsold, we don't.

As a result it's a buyers market! :tongue:

sheddy

Legendary Member
The Ministry of Food is frightening. So many people who don't care what they eat.
Hats off to Jamie for trying to do summat about it

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
'e ain't mockney, 'e's genuine essex innit

rich p

ridiculous old lush
[quote name='swee'pea99']'e ain't mockney, 'e's genuine essex innit[/QUOTE]

Without wishing to be pedantic (but being so, anyway) a palindrome is a word which reads the same backwards as forwards, such as evitative!:biggrin:

OP
OP
G

Greedo

Well first off it's a nickname from a character in Star Wars from when I was a kid. It's not a ref to my career.

2nd point I think you should go and get yourself checked out, as you may had ADHD given your post on the 'What do you do for a living'. Looks like you can't stick to anything for any length of time!

Over The Hill said:
How could someone with the name Greedo be in anything else?

How could anyone think Oliver was anything but a total twat?

ChrisKH

Guru
User1314 said:
"ees a Mockney geezer and t'inks dat's 'ow 'all proper peeple frum the east end talk loike.

Geertcha! As they say in the rub-a-dub.

I know hundreds of people who talk like him. I just have to knock on any of the doors down my road, I'll find a Jamie or a Jools. Admittedly he probably lays it on a bit thick for the TV but I hear much worse on the commuter train. Every day.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
User1314 said:
"ees a Mockney geezer and t'inks dat's 'ow 'all proper peeple frum the east end talk loike.

Geertcha! As they say in the rub-a-dub.

Mr Oliver come from Clavering in Essex which is a long way from the East End of London. It is nearer to Cambridge than Clapton. I don't really get his accent as that part of Essex is quite rural and up market. Maybe it is part of his persona that he wants to get across? He is a good chef though and should be applauded for his campaigns to promote healthy eating.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
ChrisKH said:
I hear much worse on the commuter train. Every day.
'worse'? Isn't that a bit culturally assumptive or even hegemonistic? John.

As to Jamie being a twat, I couldn't disagree more. I think he genuinely cares about the fact that we as a nation are eating our way (and arguably even more to the point, raising our kids to eat their way) to a lifetime of illhealth and an early grave, and is trying to do something about it.

It's uphill work, because so many people are thick as pig shoot, forgive my French, and lazy toboot. Which has helped a highly profitable industry be built on encouraging their addiction to cheap-but-tasty (and high 'value-add') combinations of the food manufacturers' holy trinity of fat, salt and sugar (with just a seasoning of monosodium glutamate).

For the first time in history, children have a lower life expectancy than their parents - not on account of poverty, but of excess. And Only One Man Is Trying To Do Diddly shoot About It. Millionaire or no, he's more of a working class hero than John 'freezer full of fur coats' Lennon ever was, so do keep your sneers for more deserving targets. Innit.

Top Bottom