Jigsaws

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Not the tool but the bpicture cut into bits and bunged into a box for people with too much time and too little imagination to put back together.

Unless it's doing one with the young'uns, what a waste of time and effort, IMHO;)

Any sad bastards enthusiasts here?;)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
rich p said:
Not the tool but the bpicture cut into bits and bunged into a box for people with too much time and too little imagination to put back together.

Unless it's doing one with the young'uns, what a waste of time and effort, IMHO;)

Any sad bastards enthusiasts here?;)

stuck on that 5000 piecer are you Rich?

Mr Pig

Not done one since I was a kid but I wouldn't say they were pointless. Although the results are boring I think that in some ways they stimulate the brain.

HelenD123

Guru
I used to do one at Christmas. It was a good way to get some piece peace and quiet at home. Shut the door, stick on some music, job done!

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
HelenD123 said:
I used to do one at Christmas. It was a good way to get some piece peace and quiet at home. Shut the door, stick on some music, job done!

Didn't you question your sanity when you then broke it up and put it back in the box?

BigSteev

Here's my completed one of London that I did while on holiday in France.
5571_153193836577_704196577_3984285_3684320_n.jpg

HelenD123

Guru
rich p said:
Didn't you question your sanity when you then broke it up and put it back in the box?

Yes, I've grown up and realised what a waste of time it is.:biggrin: All that effort then you just destroy it! You'd be much better off settling down with a good book.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
BigSteev said:

You don't go sarf of ve river?

MGBLemonrider

The last three I've done have all ended up being framed and hung on the wall, well one's waiting for this to happen.
They've been a Celestial Planisphere, which fluoresces, and a couple of photo mosaic ones (Lion and a Panther).
Usual story is that they live on the dining room table under the heat mat cover. When I've got nothing better to do I might peel back the cover and do a bit. Last one took 18 months to do.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
BigSteev said:
very funny. A pity as well, because there's a pint waiting for you......

Globalti

Legendary Member
Grandma always brings one for Christmas and we do it on the dining room table. Even though her choice of subject is usually a bit saccharine we enjoy it; it brings us together in a way that usually only happens when we are eating and there's always a pleasant relaxed atmosphere. Bit of a bastard though when you're searching for that corner of a flowerpot and eventually it turns up stuck to the nipper's sock.

Last Christmas we tried a jigsaw globe; it was a disappointment because every piece is numbered so you just have to organise the rest of the family to sorting all the pieces into piles of hundreds then sub piles of tens while one person assembles it.

p-16269.jpg

Top Bottom