Jinxed or what?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
A colleague's family seems cursed.

Her mother slipped on a wet floor in the ladies toilets at a Turkish airport and broke her nose and chipped a few teeth and this was before she'd started the holiday proper.

She fell and twisted her ankle a few days later but didn't tell her husband because he's intolerant of her misfortune because:

Their summer holiday last year was cancelled because she had a heart attack in the airport before she got on the plane to fly to France.

The year before's cruise holiday was cancelled becasue she was rushed into hospital for an oncology investigation after developing some unnatural swellings in her neck two days before departure.

Four weeks ago my colleague's sister-in-law had a severe inflammation of the spinal column which left her paralysed for two weeks - she's now recovering but full recovery could take up to a year.

A month prior to that her brother had his sports car written off when a teenager darted out in front of him. The girl was bruised but otherwise uninjured.

In the same week, the hapless mother walked behind a car parked on a zebra crossing and the car reversed into her knocking her to the ground.

It beats me how she's not a gibbering wreck!

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
They must live on Indian burial ground....

Like me.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Husband isn't something to do with Health and Safety is he? We are good friends with a family who moved to Cheshire a few years ago as the husband changed jobs to be a safety advisor for a large pharmaceutical firm there.

Since the day he started the new job they have had a terrible time with accidents and illnesses- to such a point that they haven't had an incident free holiday for years- it's as if they anticipate problems and then they happen. They live in Macclesfield, must be something in water.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
At least she managed to have her major surgery incidents before she left and not on the plane - especially the heart attack
ohmy.gif

Top Bottom