Joe Biden and his Presidency deserve their own thread....

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
In the 2020 Election the American people decided that Trumps's reign needed to come to an end.

Today there are further rumblings of significant change with the Georgie run-offs in the deep south while Trump executes his scorched-earth policy...and rambles on about election fraud. We already have a thread for this.

In 14 days Biden will become President.
Many hope this will be new dawn in American and world politics. Time will tell.

So let's give Biden and his administration a clean CC sheet....

OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Vote by Vote, the Dems take control of the house. Latest results suggest that they will take both seats in Georgia to give an overall majority. The times they are a-changing....

View: https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1346700247309852673?s=20

Last edited:

winjim

✊🏻✊🏾 🌈 😷
I'm honestly not counting any chickens, either in this GA senate election, nor til Biden is actually physically in the White House. In the meantime, Trump is merrily either pardoning or executing criminals and none of it seems good or right at all.

ebikeerwidnes

Über Member
The republicans don't need him any more - they were hoping he would get his base out to vote in Georgia - he actually did the opposite

so - the party now have no reason to try to keep him on - so any little scams they might have had in mind to try to do something weird to keep him on are now irrelevant
They basically have 4 years to try to distance themselves from him and give themselves a chance in 2024 - 2022 may be a push

OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Lot of tension being reported in Washington today as Trump supporters rally, they're not going to be happy if they've lost both seats in Georgia. The fake-news about unfair elections yadda yadda are already being tweeted by the Trumperati to warm-up the audience.

matticus

Über Member
Lot of tension being reported in Washington today as Trump supporters rally, they're not going to be happy if they've lost both seats in Georgia. The fake-news about unfair elections yadda yadda are already being tweeted by the Trumperati to warm-up the audience.
I thought this thread was about putting Trump behind us?!!

OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

I posted this on the Trump thread, but I want to repeat:

I can't quite describe how joyous I am about the result so far in Georgia.

After 4 very dark years of Western politics (Trump/Brexit/Turkey/Poland), the Biden victory with Kamala Harris, Stacey Abrams and now “Radical liberal Raphael Warnock”, are finally giving me a twinkle of hope that the world can be a better place tomorrow than it is today. Finally I feel like for once, I am on the 'winning side', it sounds trite, but every political horse, cause or politico-social belief I have either backed or hold-dear seems to have been trampled underfoot by right-winged populism, xenophobia and hate.

Today is a good day. Today gives me a flicker of hope. Today gives me renewed vigour to continue to counter narratives I fundamentally disagree with. Today could be the day that politics take a turn for the better. Today is a day of awakening, today is...Epiphany.

matticus

Über Member
Aww - that's nice to read:cheers: !

(I posted something similar - but less poetic - on the day of the Teeny Tiny Table incident. It just felt like the tide had turned.)

Drago

Flouncing Nobber
Sleepy Joe, who on more than one occassion in public had to be reminded that his opponent was not George Bush.

I don't feel any safer

And before he is even inaugurated he's sticking his oar into Brexit. He clearly doesnt recall Obama's ill advised threats to send the UK to the " back of the queue" for a trade deal did more to make those in the middle, the waverers, to vote leave than any other event.

Thanks Barack. For nothing.

No one, least of all the British, like being threatened, and more than any other people the British are liable to dig their heels in and resist such coercion. It's ingrained in our national psyche to do so, and sure enough they did. We like the carrot, not the stick.

Now Biden, either thick, senile or utterly obtuse, has already started playing that losing game. Only a real fool repeats someone elses mistakes.

Thanks Joe.

And if he snuffs it in office the world gets Kamala Harris. A lawyer, a breed of individual paid to argue that black is white, to willfully put aside any notional thoughs of their own of what is right or wrong, in order to progress the cause of whatever person or movement she is being paid to represent at that moment in time. Even worse, history has shown us that lawyers to not make great leaders.

So I wouldn't feel any safer.

It's tragic beyond comprehension how a nation of 300 million souls can only find Trump or Biden to put forward for the top job. It's a scary that that they are the best that nation was able or willing to put forward. And we thought we had it bad with a fat narcissist and a raving commie as our choices.

matticus

Über Member
It's tragic beyond comprehension how a nation of 300 million souls can only find Trump or Biden to put forward for the top job. It's a scary that that they are the best that nation was able or willing to put forward. And we thought we had it bad with a fat narcissist and a raving commie as our choices.
And a happy New Year to you too, Sergeant Drago!

theclaud

Broadband Communism Now
I posted this on the Trump thread, but I want to repeat:

I can't quite describe how joyous I am about the result so far in Georgia.

After 4 very dark years of Western politics (Trump/Brexit/Turkey/Poland), the Biden victory with Kamala Harris, Stacey Abrams and now “Radical liberal Raphael Warnock”, are finally giving me a twinkle of hope that the world can be a better place tomorrow than it is today. Finally I feel like for once, I am on the 'winning side', it sounds trite, but every political horse, cause or politico-social belief I have either backed or hold-dear seems to have been trampled underfoot by right-winged populism, xenophobia and hate.

Today is a good day. Today gives me a flicker of hope. Today gives me renewed vigour to continue to counter narratives I fundamentally disagree with. Today could be the day that politics take a turn for the better. Today is a day of awakening, today is...Epiphany.
I hope your optimism isn't misplaced. There are some easy wins for Biden - let's hope he doesn't squander the opportunity.

https://www.dailyposter.com/p/georgia-wins-would-empower-dems-to