Joe Biden and his Presidency deserve their own thread....

Less than 24 hours after Biden made a speech calling for unity the crazy QAnon supporting Republican congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene files impeachment papers against Biden.
Why is she still allowed in the Republican Party? If this was the UK she would have the whip removed. is there no similar procedure in the USA?
Tomorrow night if I am smirking for several hours I will proclaim to all that there is a god. If I have my usual dour face on then Taylor Krackpot Konspiracy Klown still has her commitee places.
https://www.ft.com/content/0227b698-dddd-40aa-9048-7442645b9018

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Yesterday, 43 Republican Senators showed their love for Donald Trump over their love for their country, reaffirming that some people will do anything just to retain political office. Their refusal to remove Marjorie Taylor-Greene from her committee places, their state party censures of various politicos who stand up to Trumps' bullying, and their lack of any spine whatever calls to mind the French Third Republic.

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
Yesterday, 43 Republican Senators showed their love for Donald Trump over their love for their country, reaffirming that some people will do anything just to retain political office. Their refusal to remove Marjorie Taylor-Greene from her committee places, their state party censures of various politicos who stand up to Trumps' bullying, and their lack of any spine whatever calls to mind the French Third Republic.
I was particularly impressed with the way Mitch McConnell used incredibly scathing language to describe Trump's clear support for the capitol assault... and then voted to acquit him

How the hell does a country get over such blatant double-think and open corruption?

MntnMan62

Über Member
https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-trump-advisor-says-texas-001424659.html

I don't know if this belongs under the Biden or Trump thread but I put it here because it's a Trump moron criticizing Biden. Amazingly Kudlow gives exactly zero rationale for his blame of Biden. That's because it would literally be imposible for Biden to bear any responsibility for what occurred in Texas. First of all, the governor is Republican. Second, both Senatos are.......you guessed it.........Republican. And 22 US House of Representatives for Texas are Republican while 13 are Democrat. So, if anyone is to blame for what took place in that STATE, look at the STATE government. Blame the Republicans. Why you ask? Because they are the ones in control and have been for years if not decades. Mic drop.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Has Joe Biden got his Nobel Prize yet. If Barack Obama got one for not being George W Bush, Biden should surely get one for not being Trump.

MntnMan62

Über Member
Ok. This is why I detest Alexandria Ocasio Cortez. She's makes tons of noise about issues she finds to be reprehensible yet offers no real proposals that are realistic or even relevant. At least in this article someone asked the right question as to what she would propose and her response was garbage. How is licensing facilities going to make one bit of difference? Isn't it the government that will approve those licenses? So, her answer is the government should license itself? Nonsense. This woman is disgusting. Instead of ranting in public like this she is now a member of the House of Representatives. Why doesn't she take her issues to Biden directly? This behavior of airing her grievances publicly is nothing but Trump like behavior. If I lived in Queens, there is no way I'd ever give her my vote.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/aoc-joins-backlash-over-biden-055332573.html

Edwardoka

Prolix Maximus
View attachment 575831
Not following the news closely but I'm taking a wild guess the $2,000 cheques haven't gone out yet?
Indeed. I for one am glad that America has gotten back to business as usual, namely simultaneously screwing over those US civilians in most need of financial assistance and airstriking the everliving hell out of the Middle East for reasons that surely must be apparent to someone somewhere.