Jogle off :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
Jogle off :sad: .....Half Jog On.

My Misses has finaly put her foot down and has given me only 7 days leave....

Im not one of the supermen on here that can do a 7 day E2E

So i have had to comne up with some other ideas

I really want to do Scotland so i am keeping my options up north.

First thoughts were do a BLackpool to J O and back but that turns out to be further the the E2E and even without the lost time on the trains I doubt i could ride 1000 miles in 7 days.

So it looks like a half Jog for me this year- now i have to decide if i ride from Blackpool up to JOG or travel up and ride Back...

Looks like a trian journy no matter what option I take I am leaving 7/8 of august.

Any thoughts on which way would be best? (other then dump the misses:evil: )

Sparkyman

OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
Well i have managed after anight of hevey drinking/thinking to come up witha plan.

580 miles Google

Train to Wick Still not happy how the hell do you book a bike??? no options online?

Ride from Wick to JOG (just cos i want to go there)
JOG to Tounge
Tounge to Lairg
Larig to Ness (not sure north or south side yet adds a few miles going for the south)
Ness to Fort Augustus
Augustus to Perth
Perth to Edinburgh
hawick to Carlise
Carlisle to Blackpool

Any thoughts on this route? I know there is a shorter route but i really fancy ride along Ness.

And if anyone knows how to book the bike online, do tell :biggrin:

Sparkyman

HelenD123

Guru
sparkyman said:
And if anyone knows how to book the bike online, do tell :biggrin:

I didn't bother and just went into the station to book it all. It was very easy. It seemed too much of a risk booking the train online then phoning up to find out there were no bike spaces.

dodgy

I would ask the Mrs to take me to JOG and you can find your way back on a suitable route. Politely explain to her that if you had more time you would be able to find your own way to JOG.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
That suggestion has the added benefit that travelling to JOG is not one of your seven days. :becool:

I also think a week is in fact, eight days. :blush: If you went to Ibiza with the lads for a week, you would be away for eight days, would you not?

OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
dodgy said:
I would ask the Mrs to take me to JOG and you can find your way back on a suitable route. Politely explain to her that if you had more time you would be able to find your own way to JOG.

Good idea... if only she could drive xx(
But i am testing the water with a few friends to see if they fancy a little drive...

Sparkyman

Big T

Guru
You can catch the overnight sleeper from Preston to Inverness, then the train from Inverness to Wick.

Your route looks OK. I'm starting a JOGLE this coming Saturday and my first few days are:

Wick - Bettyhill via Jog
Bettyhill - Bonar Bridge
Bonar Bridge - Drumnadrochit (Loch Ness)
Drumnadrochit - Ballaculish (south of Fort William)
Ballaculish - Loch Lomond (via Glencoe)
Loch Lomond - Hamilton (via Glasgow)
Hamilton - Lockerbie
Lockerbie -Shap
Shap - Preston

but I'm only avergaing 50-55 per day. You could go a bit further each day to get the trip done in 7/8 days.

You can book trains online at www.nationalexpresseastcoast.com . This site gives you the option of reserving a bike space when you book. You can't book the sleeper on there though.

Alan Biles

Big T

Why do you have a picture of my dog as your avatar?

P1010022.jpg

Big T

Guru
Your dog and my dog look like they are twins separated at birth!

Mine's called Lassie, she's 12 years old and daft as a brush.

Mallory_Park_7th_June_6.thumb.jpg

Alan Biles

Could be. Dulux is a rescue dog, 12 years old and also seriously daft. NCDL (now Dog's Trust) told us he was 'rescued' from "up North".

Good luck on your E2E by the way.

OP
OP
sparkyman

sparkyman

Kinamortaphobic
Update:

Got train tiket to Glasgow £10 08/08 and manage to get my bike reserved.

Heading north from there Via Oban, a quick ramble up Nevis (weather permiting) along Ness then off to Ullapool and following the coast round to JOG. Then I am heading home to Blackpool (on the Bike) via A9 to Edinburgh, Carlie and home. for grand total of 970 miles (I think it will be over 1k after a few detours ;) could really of managed the E2E if i couldhave sorted the transport issues :biggrin: (the misses does not yet realise i going to sneak in a few extra days riding >:biggrin:

Sparkyman

wyno70

I cycled the other way (JOG to Ullapool) earlier in the year. It is absolutely stunning, you'll love it, however, I hope you have your climbing legs on!!!!!

Top Bottom