Johan Bruyneel on the situation at Astana

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Just before the Tour de France, the biggest sporting event of the year, companies have the unique possibility to link their name to cycling and to jump into the middle of the season with Alberto Contador, Lance Armstrong, Levi Leipheimer and many others as their ambassadors.

http://www.johanbruyneel.com/blog.html

Just don't count on keeping Berto for long...and look the other way as Kloden faces the music...

yello

It just gets tattier and tattier. Astana should never have been allowed to happen. UCI should revoke the licence and say to Bruyneel that if he wants to start a team that he do it properly and start again.

Rant over!

Keith Oates

Janner
It would be a shame to see a team of this quality and stature disintegrate. I think that for Bruyneel to start another team from scatch would take time and the top riders (if not all of them) in the team now would have to find other places to go. This is unlikely to happen in the middle of a season. I hope he can get some funding so that it continues regardless of what it's name may be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Barf.

In a short period of time we made it one of the most loved cycling teams.
You've got to be kidding me...:biggrin:
I brought to Astana the infrastructure of the US Postal and Discovery Channel staff. These people still form the basis of the team. I cannot imagine breaking up this group.
Because they might then go elsewhere and start talking to people...?
Our biggest advantage is that we have the most marketable athlete on our team. You cannot wish to have a better representative of the sport.
:biggrin:

The sooner Astana and their cronies in the KCF get chucked out of cycling the better.:smile:

mondobongo

Über Member
Will be interesting to see if the Team is scatered how many riders test positive in the next 12 months.

jpatterson

They are loved in America just because youve got the trifecta of LA, LL and JB all in one place. Now that Kloeden is implicated in a doping ring and given LA and JBs previous lack of success in gaining the trust of money men to sponsor them we can hopefully see the end of JBs involvement in cycling.

And roll on the Trek v Lemond court case where we get to hear the salacious details of the alleged 500,000$ bung to the UCI for certain clandestine matters.

Top Bottom