Jonathon Ross on Radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spud

I listened to Ross on the radio today and it has to be said he is a funny man. I used to listen avidly up to about three years ago and this morning was the first time for ages I had tuned in . I think he is very good on the radio and hopeless on the tv so I for one will miss his Saturday morning show. Rumour has that Liza Tarbuck is going to take over.One of the most boring ,unfunny people in existence. And with the surname she has is that a surprise?

sheddy

Legendary Member
Disagree. Annoyed that he won't be going until mid year.

Greedo

Spud said:
I listened to Ross on the radio today and it has to be said he is a funny man. I used to listen avidly up to about three years ago and this morning was the first time for ages I had tuned in . I think he is very good on the radio and hopeless on the tv so I for one will miss his Saturday morning show. Rumour has that Liza Tarbuck is going to take over.One of the most boring ,unfunny people in existence. And with the surname she has is that a surprise?

Not listened for 3 years/ages but yet will miss his show!!;)

OP
OP
S

Spud

What I meant was I have listened occasionally recently rather than making a point of turning the radio on. Anyway nitpicking on words is silly , I think his radio show is still pretty good and I can't think of anybody who will come close to matching it for humour.

rh100

I havn't listened regularly, but when I did I enjoyed it. I read someone saying that when he holds back the quality gets better. Saturday morning's were quite good with the oldies show first then Ross. Problem is, R2 has gone down the plughole with that dipstick Evan's being given airtime. I think R2's best time for me was when you had Wogan, Bruce, Young and Walker (can't stand Wright - no I don't love the f'in show). The gradual replacements are quite poor in comparison. As for Ross on telly, Friday night was ok, but only because of the guests. I liked the film review, but if they give it to Kermode it will vastly improve and I will make a point of tuning in for that.

Crankarm

Guru
2nd Mark Kermode for film reviewing.

Evans is good. Leave him alone. Although not sure him occupying the morning slot taking over from Wogan will be the best place for his talents. His evening show has it's moments though.

How about sarcastic Clive Anderson to take over from Woss? It would certainly raise the level of intelligence and humour for saturday am. CA is good on Loose Ends and had some memorable interviews on his chat show. How about getting Arthur Smith back on with him doing an update of the Comedy Files?

I have a love hate relationship with Wright. At the moment it is hate as he's got too arrogant, boring and complacent.

Bring back Kenny Everett. .............Oh, he's dead.

Was listening to Danny Wallace this saturday afternoon as he can be quite funny. But not so on radio, sitting in for the guy Dermot O'Leary who I can't stand either. I dunno he just felt the need to keep talking gibberish. Don't these guys realise less is more. It's not the quantity but the quality. So bit disappointed with DW as he promised more.

But Woss is dross. Glad he is going.

darkstar

Cramkarm, you never replied to me in the other woss thread, even after implying I might be homophobic. Cheers for that.

515mm

I enjoyed Film 200* and his radio show was good when he remembered that DJ meant Disc Jockey and got on with playing music. His friday night show had become very tired indeed.

Graham Norton to replace on Fri night? Hmmm..... Not sure. I see his name on a schedule and I think "no", but when I was forced to watch the Welsh guest special a couple of weeks ago by Little Miss I had to admit that he was alright. Not great, but amusing enough.

Lisa Tarbuck on Sat AM? Can't we have Mark Lamarr? Or Mark and Lard?
Or just Lard. Or indeed just Mark.

Kermode for Film 2010 must be a shoe-in. Funny how he has the same haircut as Mark Lamarr.......

OP
OP
S

Spud

Mark Lamarr does fine radio when he is documenting a subject like Reggae but he is not somebody I can go three hours listening to. Unless he is laying in that waste of space ( and money) Patrick Kielty and generally slagging of other up-their-bums celebrities which unfortunately he doesn't do that often any more.

Crankarm

Guru
Spud said:
Mark Lamarr does fine radio when he is documenting a subject like Reggae but he is not somebody I can go three hours listening to. Unless he is laying in that waste of space ( and money) Patrick Kielty and generally slagging of other up-their-bums celebrities which unfortunately he doesn't do that often any more.

+1 Mark Lamarr's Reggae, Blues and Indie music late night shows are excellent. As for his other forays into broadcasting not my cup up of tea.

uranium 238

Jonathan Ross was an interviewer from the 1980s, the decade of shiny.

He interviewed madonna in a manner so obsequious that I slid off my leather sofa just watching him.

That in fact is when he went wrong. Madonna is to blame. I still have fantasies about I'm in a table tennis competition and they bring in some US celebrities to judge our style and I'm there in slow motion fending off ping pong balls and then I look around once again to see what celebs they've got in and it's not just Alexander O'neil and John McEnroe but A listers like David Blane and Jay Leno and and the woman who inspired Pocahontas from ghetto and eventually, yet eventually madonna gives me the thumbs up and we make dirty all over the ping pong table whilst I spank her muscly botty with me table tennis bat.

And then I make her lick the mess up after. Yuck.

Top Bottom