1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just cleaned

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Keith Oates, 6 Apr 2008.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

my computer screen, what a difference it looks new again, I didn't realise how dirty it was. How often do you clean your screen and what with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. EmGee DK

EmGee DK New Member

I used to clean my old CRT monitors more or less every day - the ones at work, that is. I used the same stuff you use for glasses. The LCD monitors I normally just dust off with a dry cloth. I clean them - rarely - using a special gel, which supposedly should be made for LCD screens.

3. Once a fortnight. Wire brush and Dettol;):rolleyes:

4. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

arranandy, you lied, I've just tried that and you should see what's happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Pete

Pete Guest

Very easy, when I'm getting bored I just don't click on those sort of websites anymore....:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

IGMC.

6. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

So, I did leave my webcam on;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. longers

longers Veteran

I got this excellent advice from Elmer on general computer cleaning a while back and I think it's worth repeating. As he says though - he's no expert on cleaning the screen.

8. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Staff Member

I sometimes noticed how dirty my computer screen was, but it was livable-with. However, I have noticed when reading this thread, just how dirty the screen is. Nearly every post is affected by a series of very small vertical lines and dots. It used to be just a few places on my screen would be affected by this, but suddenly it is nearly every post.
    :rolleyes:;):biggrin::eek:

9. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

10. TVC

TVC Living La Mala Vida

Fantastic I want one.

I have to clean my screen every time Mrs C has been using the word processor program. Tippex is a bugger to get off as well.