Just cleaned

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Keith Oates, 6 Apr 2008.

1. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

my computer screen, what a difference it looks new again, I didn't realise how dirty it was. How often do you clean your screen and what with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. EmGee DK

EmGee DK New Member

I used to clean my old CRT monitors more or less every day - the ones at work, that is. I used the same stuff you use for glasses. The LCD monitors I normally just dust off with a dry cloth. I clean them - rarely - using a special gel, which supposedly should be made for LCD screens.

3. Once a fortnight. Wire brush and Dettol;):rolleyes:

4. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

arranandy, you lied, I've just tried that and you should see what's happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Pete

Pete Guest

Very easy, when I'm getting bored I just don't click on those sort of websites anymore....:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin:

IGMC.

6. OP
    OP
    Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

So, I did leave my webcam on;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. longers

longers Veteran

I got this excellent advice from Elmer on general computer cleaning a while back and I think it's worth repeating. As he says though - he's no expert on cleaning the screen.

8. Speicher

Speicher Vice Admiral Moderator

I sometimes noticed how dirty my computer screen was, but it was livable-with. However, I have noticed when reading this thread, just how dirty the screen is. Nearly every post is affected by a series of very small vertical lines and dots. It used to be just a few places on my screen would be affected by this, but suddenly it is nearly every post.
    :rolleyes:;):biggrin::eek:

9. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

10. TVC

TVC Guest

Fantastic I want one.

I have to clean my screen every time Mrs C has been using the word processor program. Tippex is a bugger to get off as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice