Just got back from Bristol to London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TwoInTow

Just wanted to say that I just got back from 6 days with a friend and my daughter, doing Bristol - London (Avon & Kennet Canal, and then NCN 4 from Reading to London). It was really great, and for her first time doing longer rides, my daughter did beautifully. Clocked up 240Km by the time we got home this afternoon, which was not bad for little legs, and for riding with gears and panniers for the first time.

I thought we were heading for disaster last night when I put her to bed, and she started complaining about her tummy and asked for a sick bowl... (That folding Ortlieb thing definitely came in handy at this point.) But I think she was just overtired and overheated because she work up fine for the final leg this morning.

Will put together a journal on CGOAB soon. She was begging and pleading not to go at the beginning of the week, and I forced the issue with her, so I'm really chuffed that she made it - and in good shape too! I kept spurring her on with the thought that this was excellent boasting material... :smile:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Well Done gang, & High Fives to your daughter,
Was thinking of doing that route with my bubs in May - i'll look forawrd to reading the journal xx

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Good write up ... and photos of bits I know (Bristol/Bath bit and Eton bit). That park in Bristol was renewed last year IIRC. Your write up makes me think of possibly doing it with my youngest in summertime when my other two are away at camp - though we would only go as far as Eton.

Arch

Married to Night Train
That's wonderful! And some really lovely pictures on and off the bikes. I think my favorite, though, is Adelaide being a grown-up at the office. What an expression! :biggrin:

OP
OP
T

TwoInTow

Thanks for all the positive comments!

Adelaide really did look funny pretending to be a grown-up office worker! She makes me laugh, that girl.

Top Bottom