Just had a Probiotic drink...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a probiotic yogurt earlier and it was very nice.
Fig flavour! Mmm.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Kirstie said:
I had a probiotic yogurt earlier and it was very nice.
Fig flavour! Mmm.
Considering that the ads for probiotic products are all to do with "speeding up the digestive transit" surely adding figs to the mixture is over-egging the pudding!:smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
(ever so slightly OT)
anyone remember Milk of Magnesia?

milk_16710_6_(big)_.jpg

Globalti

Legendary Member
Just drink moderate amounts of beer, it's far healthier than any over-hyped yoghurt. The alcohol relaxes you and a session bitter at around 3.8% abv contains just the right balance of water to alcohol to replace the water that you lose through the diuretic effect of the alcohol. It contains vitamins, minerals and carbs for energy as well as the all-important natural pectin, which keeps the bowels moving. There is also emerging evidence that beer contains natural anti-oxidants, which protect against other nasties like cancer.

(I'm talking about beer here, not Euro-fizz)

Another reason to drink beer :smile:.
As if I really needed one.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
lazyfatgit said:
One of several potions dished up when you weren't feeling too well.

there was also syrup of figs and andrews liver salts. and junior disprin.

yuch.

We were given the lot once a week even if you weren't ill! Plus cod liver oil.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Probiotics are a waste of time and money, and those stupid fiddly little portion bottles are a right pain when they lurk in the bottom of recycling boxes.

Just eat better.

And drink beer.;)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Arch said:
Probiotics are a waste of time and money, and those stupid fiddly little portion bottles are a right pain when they lurk in the bottom of recycling boxes.

Just eat better.

And drink beer.;)

+1

Fruit and Veg keeps the "transit" problem solved does it not?

Arch

Married to Night Train
twentysix by twentyfive said:
+1

Fruit and Veg keeps the "transit" problem solved does it not?

It does. And I've heard that the good bacteria can't do anything unless they have enoug fibre to work on, so you may as well just have the fibre and save the money.

There may be some placebo effect that makes people feel better, but if it's only a placebo, you may as well decant ordinary yoghurt into daily dollops.

Top Bottom