just had the bonk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Just had what I presume is a low sugar attack :biggrin: its exactly like getting the bonk only I've not been on the bike all week because I've been so tired .I actually wake up tired and just feel lifeless all day .

Right now I feel v tired, anxious, I'm trembleing all over and my legs keep giving way :biggrin:

I have just stuffed my face with lots of cake so I should be ok in about half an hour.

Does anyone else ever suffer from these attacks ?

montage

God Almighty
Not enough blood sugar? too much/too little sleep?

OP
OP
P

peanut

montage said:
Not enough blood sugar? too much/too little sleep?
yes that is what causes the bonk but there could be some underlying medical conditions that can cause hypo-glycemic attacks which is why I am asking for others experiences.
If I hadn't been getting enough sleep or eating enough I would already be aware of that :biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It is very difficult to offer advice, but two questions.

Have you recently started taking any other medication?

Do you think you might be getting a cold?

You could ring your Doctor's telephone number.

If there is someone there, ask to speak to a Doctor or a Triage nurse. I belong to a fairly big GP practice, so if it is open you can just turn up, but it might mean waiting. Or they would get the triage nurse to ring me at home, or give me an time to come in.

If the GP surgery is shut, there should be a message giving another telephone number for the Locum Service. Ring that, and you should be able to speak to someone.

I hope this helps a bit. Are you a home on your own? I know from experience how worrying it can be when you have unexpected symptoms and do not know what to do. But it is very difficult for us non-medical people to advise, all I am doing is suggesting where to go for better assistance/advice.

buggi

Bird Saviour
peanut, i think that's a bit harsh

i once answered a question on a forum where a girl asked why her son kept fainting. i told her to ignore everyone on the forum and get down the doctors for a proper diagnosis in case it was something more serious. i got yelled out by all the other forum members, but i'm sorry, i stand by what i said. its very dangerous to ask other peoples opinions when they are not medically trained, when there could be something serious wrong.

I'm not medically trained but i'll tell you what i think anyway. if you are tired and have low blood sugar then you have got probably got diabetes, as they are both common symptoms, as is having high blood sugar (which gives off the same symptoms as low blood sugar), passing water a lot (but they don't all have to come together).

i could be right or i could be way off track, who knows?? well, a doctor or a pharmacist would ... by doing a quick water test. so get your ass down there. The forum members are not going to know what is wrong with you.

ps.. Lloyds Pharmacist's do diabetes tests.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you are getting this regular, then get a check up and a blood test. Shouts low blood suger to me, but there could be all sorts of reasons. Off to the Doctor's with you.

I'll only get the 'bonk' feeling if I've been out doing say heavy gardening all day, and haven't eaten (as you do).

Peanut, I wouldn't say regular but yes I get them, normally when I'm below a certain weight. Haven't had one for a while now and it's been a long time since I bonked on the bike, symptoms similiar to as you describe.

It might be diet related and of course yes it could symptomatic of something. Normally it's excercise related in some way but weirdly I have had them after I've just eaten but perhaps had some alchohol. Eating chocolate whilst excercising also can do it, quick sugar rush and then the down.

Top Bottom