Just Pimped the LBS cycle trailer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aint Skeered

2005_0801ADCycles0001.jpg

2005_0801ADCycles0003.jpg

I used the chassis of an old trailer and bits and pieces I had laying around the workshop.
It will take 5 bikes, I am really pleased with the result.
Hope the LBS is!!

Arch

Married to Night Train
That is very neat! Well done!:biggrin:

OP
OP
Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered

Where do the front wheels go?
Wheel bags in the towing vehicle.
My brief was to keep it as small and as light as possible, because when it is not in use it will be stored upright resting on it's back end.

OP
OP
Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered

The channels the wheels sit in are ally reinforcing sections used in truck bodys. They resemble a top hat in cross section. The wheels just sit in them to prevent lateral movement, we have used it on roughish terrain and the bikes seem pretty stable, but we might strap the wheels down, just to be on the safe side.

rikki

Legendary Member
nice work

I know the design brief was as slim line as possible,

but

now we need a faired trailer with bins for tools and the esky [ice box] and maybe a little work bench and then a canopy to keep the sun or rain off while you work, room for the chairs,

and then a great big 4x4 to tow the monstrosity !!!

No No yours is good. As Colin Chapman [Lotus] said "engineered with added lightness"

Monst

Nice kit. Be good if there were some tie down fixings for a tarp, as without a cover the bikes could get a bit mucky in transport.

Monst said:
Nice kit. Be good if there were some tie down fixings for a tarp, as without a cover the bikes could get a bit mucky in transport.

Good point, we're thinking the same for our trailers. Did ten days in Scotland last week and the Conference Bike is now white with greasy salt. ;)

Top Bottom