Keeping light reflective jacket clean at the back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

claire01

Hi! I've just bought a new luminous yellow waterproof jacket today and since it was quite expensive for me I'd like to keep it in better condition than my last one! Despite washing my other one numerous times in a variety of waterproof detergents, the dirtspray up my back remained intact! Does anyone have any tips? Many thanks! :biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Do you have mudguards?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Rear mudguards. The only really other way is if you're going through very saturated ground you can stand up and flip your bike say 10 or 20 degrees to the side and much of the spit won't go on your back or face but to the side.

mikeitup

Veteran
claire01 said:
Hi! I've just bought a new luminous yellow waterproof jacket today and since it was quite expensive for me I'd like to keep it in better condition than my last one! Despite washing my other one numerous times in a variety of waterproof detergents, the dirtspray up my back remained intact! Does anyone have any tips? Many thanks! :smile:

To keep it clean don't wear it at all! :biggrin:

Seriously though it's impossible to keep clean. I Have a gridlock jacket and it's filthy. It's amazing all the manky crap it picks up from roads, tracks etc. (and I have mudguards) oil, dirt, spray. It's just one of those things i'm afraid. At least mine can be washed but not with detergents.

I agree with Mr Pigs comment.

Top Bottom