Keith Lambert steel for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmys

Regular
dsc00142uu.jpg

dsc00143j.jpg

dsc00144tn.jpg

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to sell my Keith Lambert steel road bike as I have taken up the C2W scheme and don't have the space, it's in fairly good condition but it does need work and a few new parts, although I have been riding it to work for the past month or so.

Keith Lambert frame (all it says is Reynolds 531, BS 6102:1)
Shimano RX100 chainring & cranks
Exage 500EX rear mech and brakeset

What needs doing:
Gears need setting up (front and rear)
New bar tape
Brakes need setting up properly, needs 1 pad for rear.
New cables for gears/brakes
New saddle, the one I use does fit, but not right and it's pretty old
Rims have marks (scratches) around them from many years ago, i've riden on them fine and don't seem to affect braking

I've fitted new inner tubes, new tyres (used once) and a new seat post (Funn V3 Splined Seatpost).

I'm selling it as not working, as although it does I wouldn't feel happy unless someone gave it a good check over and knew about the things that needed doing.

Looking for offers as I don't know its true value! Collection from Sheffield area. Willing to listen to any offers.

Christopher

Über Member
hi
Nice bike. You haven't said what size it is though! Also how many speeds has it, is the rear wheel spacing 130mm or not and are those 700c wheels? Whe was it made? Important to know as a buyer might want to convert the bike to STIs & sell off the rest of the components and it is a lot easier to do that if the bike has modern dimensions i.e. 130mm rear spacing a 700C wheels.

IMO it is worth a good deal more than £100 as it has a 531 frame & the wheels look decent. If i was after it (it looks to small for me and anyway I haven't the space) would offer you more...

Also how many speeds has it, is the rear wheel spacing 130mm or not and are those 700c wheels? Whe was it made? Important to know as a buyer might want to convert the bike to STIs & sell off the rest of the components and it is a lot easier to do that if the bike has modern dimensions i.e. 130mm rear spacing a 700C wheels.

Being steel it's a simple process to re-space the rear dropouts if required, see SHELDON "COLD SET" BROWN, but I will grant if it's already 130mm it does make life easier :thumbsup:

Fair comment by Chris on the price, jimmys, you might be better asking for offers, I know the mods don't like that but if you honestly don't know the real value what else can you do? You don't want to get your pants pulled down over the price, then again if you are genuinely happy with a ton happy days :biggrin:

OP
OP
J

jimmys

Regular
Hey,

Apologies for not including sizes, a bit silly of me! I will check them tonight when I get home.

I believe the bike was made in the mid to late 90's, it was my grandfathers who handed it down to my dad, who handed it down to me!

As for pricing - thanks for the heads up, to me I think it is worth more than £100, I just wasn't sure.

OP
OP
J

jimmys

Regular
The wheels are 700c (if im right in what I am doing - I bought 2 x Continental Quality Road Inner Tube Presta 42mm 700x18-25 Race 28 and 2 x Vittoria Rubino Clincher Tyre Red/Black 700x23c).

OP
OP
J

jimmys

Regular
Rear wheel spacing seems to be 135 and the frame size is 54cm.

I'm 6ft1 and haven't had any problems with it!

Hope that helps everyone, any other questions please feel free to ask.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
nice looking bike , ask at least £125 - 150

Top Bottom