Kelloggs Special K adverts. Anyone gullible enough to be taken in by this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adscrim

Veteran
Everyone knows Weetos are the way forward. I eat a bowl every morning and I look stunning in my red bikini/dress/whatever.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
There was something in the paper the other day saying that the calorific content per serving is tosh anyway because most people's bowl of cereal is about double their estimate.

I always think that something like a bowl of unSpecial K (or Rice Crispies as Mort said)can be crushed to about the size of a dice - that's how much food you're actually getting - I think that makes sense, doesn't it?!!

Now porridge on the other hand.....

Renard

There are a lot of people looking for a magic bullet as far as weight loss goes or else there wouldn't be so many silly diets in women's magazines.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
threebikesmcginty said:
There was something in the paper the other day saying that the calorific content per serving is tosh anyway because most people's bowl of cereal is about double their estimate.

At least.....burp......;)

Did somebody mention porridge????? Got me a new bowl yesterday just for porridge nothing else to go in it - have told OH NOT to use it for soup etc or he's a dead 'un

WeeE

Uncle Mort said:
I dunno. Most cereal is crap anyway. Rice crispies? Cornflakes? Not a lot in there is there?

Wrong, sort of - there's lots and lots and LOTS of sugar and an amazing amount of salt as well.

WeeE

Uncle Mort said:
My grandma was a porridge obsessive and had to use the same pan and the same wooden spoon for it just wouldn't work. The microwave was a definite no-no! :smile:

It's true - you need your porridge bowl to be a porridge bowl. And metal spoons are useless - lip-burny and sticky.

But ;) gotta own up, I mostly use a microwave now. Fine as long as the oats have been in the water long enough - and no porridge-pot to wash! Hooray!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Uncle Phil said:

Excellent stuff:biggrin::biggrin:

The other 'headlines' are good too!

Man who invented Blue Plaques given Blue Plaque

America still in recession: Republicans declare Obama presidency 'a failure'

Wood shavings more nutritious than Corn Flakes, dieticians reveal

Dissolute Rubber tyre accused of 'letting himself down'

Infantile Toilet Joke Appreciation Society AGM agree to pass motion

Uncle Mort said:
My grandma was a porridge obsessive and had to use the same pan and the same wooden spoon for it just wouldn't work. The microwave was a definite no-no! :ohmy:

Usually use the pan but at work use the microwave as there's no cooker. Reheated porridge in a microwave is worse than cooking it from those little packets.... xx(

Top Bottom