Kids and their parents say the funniest things.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
My next-door neighbour’s 6 year old sons' 2 month old bike has been off the road for around a month or so because (in his words) "somebody cut the inner-tube. Yesterday I was asked to take a look at it for him as his mum began to doubt his work. As I began to take the tyre off the story changed, 1st he says "I pulled a skid and the tyre went flat, 2nd It just went flat and finally the truth' I just pressed the inside of that gold thing (pointing to the valve) and it went flat!!!!

OK so that's sorted. One wheel to go back on an as yet unseen bike.

The bike is brought out of the house. It has no seat, no front breaks and only one of the front wheel nuts is available. I can "make do and mend" with the best of them but this is a little extreme. Still I manage to establish he can now ride without stabilizers and so I have a spare nut for front wheel. The seats plastic female tube was broken almost to the base but I managed to wedge it on the stem. Front breaks were a 'no no' but he was happy enough to stop with back brakes and feet.

I ask his mum what happened to the bike as was told he threw it off a shed roof!!!

However, I've saved the best for last. She is still taking it back to Halfrauds for a safety check. OMG I wish I could be a fly on the wall in there. :rofl:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
They'll say it's fine... well, it is Halfrauds. :rofl:

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Angelfishsolo said:
However, I've saved the best for last. She is still taking it back to Halfrauds for a safety check. OMG I wish I could be a fly on the wall in there. :rofl:

If they don't get that one right ("The results of the safety check are back, Mrs Smith - It's not safe.") then there's no hope!

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I actually dread to think what they will say. My local Halfrauds is staffed by under educated, socially impaired monkeys. ;)

Landslide said:
If they don't get that one right ("The results of the safety check are back, Mrs Smith - It's not safe.") then there's no hope!

Landslide

Rare Migrant
User1314 said:
Let me get this staright.

This six year old.

He climbed onto the shed.

With his bike.

Then threw the bike off the shed.

Thinking back to when I was six, that strikes me as a perfectly reasonable train of thought. Probably explains a lot...

red_tom

I remember getting into trouble with dad for doing 'ghost bikes'. My brothers an I would cycle alongside the house when he was behind it and leap off the back of the bikes once they'd got up to speed. The riderless bikes would then scoot down the garden (for a bit). Top fun. :smile:

Top Bottom