Kinross sportive 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Got a link sent for this event for nxt year . Looks interesting http://www.sportive-kinross.co.uk/
Something for you to aim for ;) ?

Take it easy on the downhills :rolleyes:

(well someone had to say it first :huh:)

Looks interesting and a good early-season fitness check-up. :thumbsup:

ACS

Legendary Member
Local training roads for me.

Black route looks like a nice warm for the classic Snow Roads Audax in May.

Think I'll be giving this a punt. Can you use a Tricross on a Sportive or will the red face factor be to great forcing me to buy a new bike (n=n+1, where n=number of bikes required)

Other reason to buy a new bike most welcome.

Can you use a Tricross on a Sportive or will the red face factor be to great forcing me to buy a new bike (n=n+1, where n=number of bikes required)

Other reason to buy a new bike most welcome.

I can't see why not I've seen plenty of cyclocross's/ hybrids/ mtbs on sportives, if anything the cyclocross is less noticed because to a lot of people its just another dropped bar bike.

But if its an excuse to get n+1 why not :thumbsup:

Seamab

Local training roads for me.

Black route looks like a nice warm for the classic Snow Roads Audax in May.

Familiar roads for me also. Quite a tough challenge - "prep for the Etape Caly"? Darn sight harder than the Etape. Wicks O' Baiglie to Milnathort via Glenfarg is bumpy.

Raising money for the hospice charity CHAS, so it will definitely get my vote. Can't see an entry fee yet.

I note the caution on the descent from Lomond Hill to Falkland - i nearly came off the only time i did it. I'm sure Sleekitcollie read that bit with interest ;)

Hmmm. I'm tempted by this one. I was considering entering the Etape, but this looks more of a challenge. Of course if I do enter it'd have to be the black run! :ohmy::biggrin:

scook94

Veteran
Saw this one a while ago, it's on the OH's birthday so my chances are pretty slim tbh. :sad:

Mmm. Can't say for definite, but this one looks like a dooer to me. I'd be happy to be in a team, so long as I didn't slow it down too much! :smile:

kfinlay

Must Try Harder
if i get a new bike think i might do this one

Don't need any fancy bike to do it just the legs
wink.gif
. I plan on supporting it as it's local and could develop into a real toughie - the black route is hard enough for that early in the season though. I won't have a new bike but hope to have a new set of nice wheels. Spoke to the organiser yesterday who did confirm the fee is expected to be £25 with £5 of that going to CHAS. I ride a lot of these roads but happy to pay up to enjoy the event.
rolleyes.gif

OP
OP
sleekitcollie

sleekitcollie

Something for you to aim for ;) ?

Take it easy on the downhills :rolleyes:

(well someone had to say it first :huh:)

Looks interesting and a good early-season fitness check-up. :thumbsup:
well said scoosh:thumbsup:

I note the caution on the descent from Lomond Hill to Falkland - i nearly came off the only time i did it. I'm sure Sleekitcollie read that bit with interest ;)

read with great interest thanx :thumbsup:

Top Bottom