Knocked off by teenager.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Insert the word "some" into your sentence and we might get somewhere.
I'll compromise with "Quite a lot of".

bladesman73

Über Member
Three sixteen year old teenagers loitering on bmx bikes up to no good, our victim dressed in Lycra, speeding through the village like an Exocet missile, bang, boom, boof, he crashes into one of the youfs who decided to cross the road on his BMX in front of him as he passes. Lying in the road our victim quickly surveys his situation, gets up, balancing on his cleats, clutching his damaged road bike, cursing and swearing .......... from a distance while the youfs laugh at him. Now tell me who is likely to come off worse if the situation escalated? Maybe the youfs had knives, most do these days. I shouldn't imagine a sleepy village has been immune to the upsurge in knife crime.

Maybe 21mph is not too fast to ride anywhere but it might haven been a tad too fast riding through this village upsetting the locals.
So many assumptions in a single post

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Kids on BMX are always a danger sign. Scruffier ones may not have brakes, feral ones may be trying to taunt you or may just not have any awareness in their simple teenage brains. On Hastings sea front we used to get high end flatland stunt riders who seemed to be OK but they were the exception.

You have just explained America’s social problems in one. It’s not guns, it’s BMXers. In 2017 there were 3.4 million of the evil baskets. Surely the U.K. will follow this frightening trend. God knows how many of them are teenagers. Stay indoors and off the sea front Michael.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/763726/bmx-bicycling-participants-us/

You have just explained America’s social problems in one. It’s not guns, it’s BMXers. In 2017 there were 3.4 million of the evil baskets. Surely the U.K. will follow this frightening trend. God knows how many of them are teenagers. Stay indoors and off the sea front Michael.

Typical liberal nonsense. BMXs don't kill people, people do. The only thing that can save you from a bad guy on a BMX is a good guy on a BMX. From my cold, dead hands.....

Tim Hall

Search hard enough and you will be able to find a picture on here of @Adrian on a BMX on Brighton sea front
wFP0UpzQR06v2D7Thq0fNj6GZN_9eQIKyaBMs8ETHWW_eLWXQnAf6f1KoRuM_IDxL-0acziUnXSAd61OIck=w196-h293-no.jpg

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..

Or go round to Crankers house and sit in the garden shouting at seagulls and teenagers

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Guru
You say three teenagers about 16 years old, one deliberately crossed the road in front of you causing you to crash, the others laughed ........... I would suggest you felt out numbered and intimidated. Riding away was probably the best course of action for you as they probably would have got the better of you had you escalated it. Why didn't you call the police or if you felt able sort it out yourself? Anything for a Strava segment. 21mph through a village on a bicycle is quite fast. Are you sure they saw you before the guy started to cross? Maybe they didn't anticipate you riding that fast toward them?
Thinking back not one of them saw me. I should have shouted. :sad:

Top Bottom