Kona Jake........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DDYB

Possibly the wrong forum but does anyone have any thoughts on this?
http://www.ashcycles.com/power/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=808&currency=BP

I am looking to purchase a bike through Cycle2work scheme with halfords so I'm restricted in the bikes I can choose from.

Looking for a bike that will get me from London - Paris in comfort but also want a bike that I'll be able to take onto cycle paths etc which I think rules out a road bike. Ultimately I intend to do most of my cycling on roads but to build up fitness/confidence I will be sticking to cycle paths for the first few months.
I would then switch to 28cc semi slicks and start cycling on roads.

Thanks.

Ivan Ardon

Will Halfords supply a "last year's model" at a discount? I thought they like to charge full RRP on this year's models through the CTW scheme.

OP
OP
D

DDYB

It's a nice bike.
why are you restricted with Halfords? I thought the only bikes they couldn't get were Bromptons.

I'm restricted because they say most suppliers no longer supply 08 models and Halfords are not due to receive 09 models until March/April.

I spoke to them today about a Dawes Horizon & Dawes Galaxy and this was the case for both, halfords then suggested the Kona Jake to me as it was a bike they could source for £650 (not sure if it was the 08 or 09)

It wouldn't have been my first choice but as I say the guy in halfords told me this is a bad time of year to get a bike through halfords as they are switching models so I'm just looking for some opinions on their available bikes.

Thanks.

OP
OP
D

DDYB

Fair enough.

Have you looked at the Specialized Tricross? That's what I'm getting when work eventually get around to implementing the scheme.
#

Yeah but it's a bit more than I was looking to pay (other than the Tricross Single)
Trying to stick to a budget of around £600 give or take £50 (although I was prepared to stretch for a Galaxy)

Any suggestions would be most welcome. As it stands Halfods can supply Kona Jake & Ridgeback Horizon in my budget. I will talk to them tomorrow about Ridgeback Voyage which also seems to tick my proverbial boxes.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have a Kona Dew for my commuting.. had it a year and it's served me very well.
Kona are great well made bikes imvho...

Top Bottom