England : East Sussex L2B Veteran Car Run Sunday 3 November 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Re the ticket machine. There is, I later noticed, an "edited highlights" departure board over the ticket machine after all. Not the full story but better than nothing.
Indeed. I clocked that too. But dismissed it on the basis of inadequacy and cr@p user interface.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
highlight of the day, stopping at some lights in Streatham looking back and seeing them 3 abreast all ready to go like whacky racers
http://flic.kr/p/heA9iT

Last edited:

Trickedem

Guru
I was quite surprised to see that many of the drivers weren't wearing period clothes. If I had vehicle that was worth that much money, I would want to be as authentic as possible.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I was quite surprised to see that many of the drivers weren't wearing period clothes. If I had vehicle that was worth that much money, I would want to be as authentic as possible.
I wonder if folk really drove them 50 miles on a Sunday morning in November back in the day though?

Tim Hall

I did see a lady wearing just the most fantastic frock, big coat and hat. She was standing elegantly by her broken down motor on the bridge at midnight, her limbs were all a quiver. She gave a cough, her leg fell off, and floated down the river. Pease Pottage over the M23 whilst her driver got into some heavy duty fettling.

U

User10571

Do you mean like this lot, in shell suits, a couple of years ago?
1858200933_ed3caf1ef5_o.jpg

I too, saw the forlorn dame in the frock on the bridge - looking wistfully at modern traffic on the M23.
Tant pis.

Top Bottom