La Vuelta 2013 (24 Aug - 15 Sept) **SPOILERS**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
Very nicely put, I've always been a Pantani fan but Lance was something else completely different. Not just a cheat but a nasty piece of work. Horrible evil vindictive Bawbag!

Rayvon

Well said Boris.

Hont

Guru
Horner released his blood passport data on his website last week...

http://www.chrishornerracing.com/13-uci-passport/2013/9/24/2013-biological-passport-results.html

There are, according to more than one source, a number of red flags - although no smoking gun (which in itself would have been remarkable as he posted these values on his own site). The most noteworthy from the Vuelta is the rapid fall in his new red blood cell count, which no-one has yet been able to account for - outside of Horner being some kind of freak.

For an in-depth (but readable) summary...

http://bikerackheads.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/analysis-of-chris-horners-biological.html

Hont

Guru
And as for the argument that it's OK to dope if you provide a spectacle. That's just approval of fraud in the name of titilation.

Hont

Guru
There aren't many people that are. And those that do tend not to provide as readable an analysis - as evidenced by the papers that are linked from that article.

As I said there is no smoking gun but looking at the large and rapid variation in Horner's off score values during the Vuelta I'm in no doubt.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
What, not even Vini Fantini? ^_^

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
What, not even Vini Fantini? ^_^

Ha ha, apparently not. But seriously, it is probably as much to do with his wage demands and idea that he must be a GT team leader that is putting most teams off. I think most people see it as unlikely that he will ever repeat his Vuelta win or anything like it, given the specific (and still not entirely certain) combination of factors that generated it.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Give it a few more weeks... Let the blood settle....

I think I remember him saying he didn't want to ride all year and only wanted to choose specific races that suited him both physically and time away from home....

That said surely someone must want/need all those world tour points

Booyaa

Veteran
Give it a few more weeks... Let the blood settle....

I think I remember him saying he didn't want to ride all year and only wanted to choose specific races that suited him both physically and time away from home....

That said surely someone must want/need all those world tour points
was the plan not to change the transferring of world tour points from the end of this year? Making him even less desirable....

Top Bottom