Ladies kit half price Friday 11th Feb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fiona N

Veteran
The offer from Girls Run Too (which despite the name has quite a good range of quality cycling gear) is for only 24 hours on Friday 11th Feb.

Possibly a good opportunity for the non-ladies to pick up a Valentine's Day pressie for the SO too :biggrin:

OP
OP
Fiona N

Fiona N

Veteran
But now the ladies aren't going to see it as how many hang about in 'Bikes, acccessories etc' :blush:

I should say that I have absolutely no vested interest in Girls Run Too - I just occasionally buy stuff from them and like to encourage anyone who stocks a decent range of women's gear.

HelenD123

Guru
I saw it! But I've banned myself from buying any more cycling clothing. I figured I had enough to wear for 6 months on tour so don't need any more.

OP
OP
Fiona N

Fiona N

Veteran
Ah that's tricky - there used to be a link on each product page to a whole list of sizing charts for different makes but now I can't find it.
If it's any help, their guide to medium being a 12 is about right - I buy a L for a 14 - and when they say close-fitted, fitted etc. it's a reasonable guide to how much leeway there is.

But there still should be the detailed guide :sad:

soulful dog

Veteran
I had a look at the site yesterday and spotted a couple of possible buys, came back today and there's no change in the prices and there's no stock of the items I'd looked at now anyway! Ah well, saved me some money I didn't really need to spend :biggrin:

carolonabike

I ordered the Sugoi RS Knicker (horrid name) or capri's on Wednesday. I'm a size 10 so I ordered a small (fingers crossed).

They were already reduced though. I've been looking for some for a while so I thought I'd give them a go.

As Fiona says, it's often difficult to get a reasonable choice of women's gear.

OP
OP
Fiona N

Fiona N

Veteran
I had a look at the site yesterday and spotted a couple of possible buys, came back today and there's no change in the prices ...

The site said somewhere about putting in 50% or something at the checkout...I think as it was everything just for the day, it wasn't worth adjusting all the prices individually.

I have to admit I didn't buy anything as the only thing I'm looking for, they didn't have. Everything else I have far too much of mainly because I hate throwing stuff out unless it's actually ceased functioning. This afternoon, folding up some dry washing, I realised that a Cannondale fleece L-S jersey that I bought in 1989 (that's right, eighty nine) is still going strong. It's a touch bald on the shoulders as I used to wear it for hill walking and climbing, under a rucksac, as it was always a bit lacking in wind protection for a long-sleeved, and otherwise quite warm, jersey.

soulful dog

Veteran
I've bookmarked the site for future use anyway, so although no bargains today, it looks quite good. Might be useful if I treat myself to some new kit after I've lost some weight this summer (power of positive thinking and all that!).

:whistle:

carolonabike

I realised that a Cannondale fleece L-S jersey that I bought in 1989 (that's right, eighty nine) is still going strong.
:whistle:

The winter leggings I'm currently wearing are circa 1985, Ron Hill traksters, and they still function just fine.

My new Sugoi knickers arrived yesterday so full marks for fast delivery and they are lovely, very flattering as per the description although perhaps a trifle snug, but as you say soulful, by the time it's warm enough to wear them I'll have lost that little spare tyre I'm carrying around with me.:biggrin:

Top Bottom