[Lance] Slate Heads for the Blacklist.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist

Landslide

Rare Migrant
"Sarah Palin in Spandex"!
;)

Wouldn't surprise me if he went into politics at some point, a la Schwarzenegger.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Nothing new but interesting to be reminded of the comments he made earlier this year about fearing French fans might try to harm him.
So far so good!

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
stoatsngroats said:
What is Slate - where does it's principles lie, who are the 'reporters'...?
Slate is an http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_languageonline current affairs and culture magazine created in 1996 by former New Republic editor Michael Kinsley initially under the ownership of Microsoft , as part of MSN. On December 21, 2004, it was purchased by the Washington Post Company http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Post_Company. Since June 4, 2008, Slate has been managed by The Slate Group , an online publishing entity created by the Washington Post Company to develop and manage web-only magazines.

Yeah, what a bunch of hacks. ;)

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Chuffy said:
Not toeing the Team LA line though. Obviously just haterz who r jelus.
You've seen the decals those fixie guys have on BSNYC, right?

haters-1.jpg

How long before this turns up on an Astana bike...?

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Whatever stoats.

IMO they publish some good stuff - I used to read a lot of their current affairs coverage back when I had time.

John the Monkey said:
IMO they publish some good stuff - I used to read a lot of their current affairs coverage back when I had time.

No probs - I just can't stand people who think up fantastically inept stories just so they can have stuff published, i.e. I don't like opinionated prose - only facts...

I know - "If you don't like it, don't read this crap" - so I don't.....

I wasn't commiting any comments on your(good)self......;)

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Chuffy said:
I believe Lance has a wheel on standby with "If you can read this, you're too close" on it.

In Spanish...;)
:smile:

I'm enjoying the racing tips he seems to be giving to Berto in his latest interviews. Berto himself seems to have the arse a bit with the leadership question, saying there are "9 leaders" in Astana in an interview today.

OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
stoatsngroats said:
No probs - I just can't stand people who think up fantastically inept stories just so they can have stuff published, i.e. I don't like opinionated prose - only facts...
A fair bit of the stuff in the article is fact though.

He DID say he would set up his own, money no object testing program with Don Catlin. And then binned it as being too expensive.

He DID get the arse with the media at the Giro in a BIG way.

He DID block journos he doesn't like, despite earlier claims about transparency.

I can probably pick through the whole thing and find the references, given time.

Top Bottom