Landis CAS verdict!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

girofan

What a farce his appeals have been. So much for the straight up midwestern religious boy he has purported to be!
I hope we never see his image again either in print or on TV.

mondobongo

Über Member
Thank god for that was a little concerned that it might go his way as his original appeal ruled on a split decision of 2-1.

Mind you with his ban being backdated to 30th Jan 07 its not like he has much left of his ban to serve. Landis unfortunately will not disappear and could yet return to the peloton the toad that he is. No similarities to Millar as he put his hands up straight away.

Skip Madness

mondobongo said:
No similarities to Millar as he put his hands up straight away.

Millar did not put his hands up straight away. He denied and denied while Gaumont made accusations and continued to deny it to the police until he realised they had him. Don't get me wrong, I forgive him and all, and he did not drag things out like Tyler Hamilton or Landis, but he did try to cover his arse to begin with.

I have never been totally convinced against Landis' case - it was never as outlandish as Hamilton's - and I can easily believe that there were procedural errors at the French laboratory which could well have invalidated the results. But I reluctantly believe that he probably did cheat - I don't know the fine details of the case and heaven knows the CAS has been taking long enough over it after a similar process with the USADA that I expect they covered all of the possibilities and still reached a guilty verdict.

Keith Oates

Janner
What I don't understand is how a man could throw away most (if not all) of his cash to prove his innocence if he knew he was gulity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Keith Oates said:
What I don't understand is how a man could throw away most (if not all) of his cash to prove his innocence if he knew he was gulity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If he had been declared innocent he would have hit the jackpot from the lawsuits he would have brought against all and saundry.

Landis is finished, even when his ban ends he has made himself untouchable. Any team that signed him would would find itself with a blank calendar.

justAl

He got himself into a situation where he could not reverse and admit he cheated. I hope this is the end and cycling can move on. ( Apart from the UCI / ASO thing!)
Bye bye Landis and Rasmussen.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
Can't help thinking the timing of both Landis and Rasmussen announcements is a little odd. Both in the same week of the Tour start?

Coincidence? On purpose timing?

Top Bottom